Warning - MHF Subscription Renewal Scam - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 13:45 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
Warning - MHF Subscription Renewal Scam

Outdoor Bits who were the previous owners of this site are still sending out renewal emails under the name of MHF with a link that takes you a renewal payment via Paypal. It will take your money and send a receipt for payment from MHF, however, your subscription will not be renewed with MHF and you will be deleted and loose all your history

I have been caught and am posting this a a warning to all members. I hope that Admin might make this known publicly so others do not fall into the same trap.

I will pay again via the correct link and take my case up with Paypal. Outdoor Bits are selling a product they dont deliver. This is a SCAM whether intentional or not.
Seannachie and Seannachie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 13:48

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E795
Is Nuke still a member here? Surely he can offer up an explanation. Thought I saw a similar post last week.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:10

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
not entirely true Andrew and not very nice to post this !

the emails sent out are not from me, MHF sends those emails not me !

ODB did process payments for Verticalscope until the recent changeover of forum software and then a week or two back it came to my attention that the forum software installed here now had been enabled for payments.

I immediately changed the listing on our site to say the following:-
"
NOTE WE NO LONGER HANDLE SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR MHF, YOU MUST INSTEAD SUBSCRIBE ON THE MHF SITE ITSELF

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/payments.php

Note: Motorhomefacts is owned by VerticalScope. Outdoorbits is currently only processing payments for Vertical Scope as an interim solution.

For all website enquiries regarding Motorhomefacts please contact Vertical Scope."

I have gone further and simply turned off the product totally.

Not a scam !

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:18

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeadmin View Post

the emails sent out are not from me, MHF sends those emails not me !

ODB did process payments for Verticalscope until the recent changeover of forum software and then a week or two back it came to my attention that the forum software installed here now had been enabled for payments.

I immediately changed the listing on our site to say the following:-
"
NOTE WE NO LONGER HANDLE SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR MHF, YOU MUST INSTEAD SUBSCRIBE ON THE MHF SITE ITSELF

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/payments.php

Note: Motorhomefacts is owned by VerticalScope. Outdoorbits is currently only processing payments for Vertical Scope as an interim solution.

For all website enquiries regarding Motorhomefacts please contact Vertical Scope."

I have gone further and simply turned off the product totally.

Not a scam !

Just a guess, but if the product had been "turned off" when ODB were longer authorised to sell subscriptions (when the red notice was put up) people wouldn't be out of pocket and locked out?

No apology for the oversight I notice. But then I'm fairly sure I've never seen an apology from Nuke.
Seannachie and Seannachie like this.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:19
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Dave,
I think the problem has been that it has taken ODBs (You) far too long to break the subs link to ODBs.
It has been posted about quite a few times with no explanation or remedy from you or VS.....let alone an apology!

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:39

the automated subs renewal has worked fine up until a week or two back, no-one notified odb the process had changed so how were we to know. Its automated with no human involvement.

In fact as far as I can see, there now seems to exist two subscription tiers, one for the forum and one for the actual old site framework so not sure how it all meshes together as obviously its not for me to know.

if u have been mistakenly charged and subscription doesn't work then I'm sure a system will be put in place to activate your subscription within the new framework by VS
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:40 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeadmin View Post
No it was not nice to post this. I deliberately posted it as a Scam to get some response as my other posting, emails to admin, etc had not worked. I see that withing minutes of my post you have taken down the payment page. Perhaps this should have been done earlier. At least my post has saved others from the same so I make no apologies for it. Putting up a warning AND taking money is a pathetic excuse.

Yes it is true. My money has been taken by Fuzion Concepts and my subscription has not been renewed.What else do you call that!!!

But its not about the money but more on the consequences of being deleted as Prof has been. One looses all ones history and have to come back under another name.

The question is what do I do now. Do I get a refund from Fuzion Concepts (whoever they are?) And then pay MHF or does Fuzion Concepts pay MHF

Would someone from Admin please advise before I get deleted??????
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:47

I have personally checked and refunded the payment you made Andrew, as for losing history I don't understand ?

What used to happen even if your subscription expires is you lose access to that account until you resubscribe but the posts etc all stay in place, the only thing lost was the avatar ?

I don't have time to track what happens here nowadays so not sure if that is still the case, you would need to speak to VS for that

AFAIK the system here on MHF now has a payments page via Paypal here https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/payments.php
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:56

Agree with the OP. I received emails from Outdoor bits, not the new people!

Paid on PayPal and but after days and days, no hint of the new site being told of my payment. Tried time and time again to contact Outdoor but they consistently fail to answer their phones and don't respond to emails. It was only when I reported I suspected a scam to PayPal and that they'd taken my money but failed to provide cover that I finally got a refund through my PayPal account. No explaination, no apology from OBs.
If it walks like a scam and quacks like a scam . . .
prof20, prof20, erneboy and 5 others like this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 14:57

AFAIK our site does not send any emails, the emails are from MHF, they are the same emails that have been sent for years.

Can you please check westbay, look at the email and see who the From is ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page