Is Facts a free forum now? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 64Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 14:46 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
neilmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France, in Charente
My Motorhome: Challenger PVC
Posts: 346
Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Personal Aire
Question Is Facts a free forum now?

Apologies if this has been covered within the multitude of threads regarding the new setup but I was surprised, as a non-subscriber, to be able to post
JockandRita and JockandRita like this.
neilmac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 14:55
Senior Member
 
fatbuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: rural Zuzzex
My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Posts: 2,098
Thanks: 3
Thanked 142 Times in 130 Posts
you were always able to post as a non-subscriber on the old site but were limited to 5 posts before you had to subscribe.

some others have raised a similar point but I don't know what the answer is.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
fatbuddha is offline  
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 15:39
Senior Member
 
gaspode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Exiled in Surrey
My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Posts: 13,707
Thanks: 53
Thanked 269 Times in 220 Posts
Personal Aire
It's connected with trying to move the subs payment from ODB to VS I think. I read a post to that effect a few days ago but I'm stuffed if I can find it now.
Presumably, once they sort it all out it'll revert to the usual arrangement of non-subscribers only having 5 posts (or whatever they feel is appropriate).

Personally I'd favour returning to a free forum. Surely VS can raise enough income from advertising anyway? No doubt if they did that however we'd have all the subscribers demanding their money back from ODB?

Can't win really can they?
Glandwr and Glandwr like this.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
gaspode is offline  
 
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 16:00
Senior Member
 
Stanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cambs
Posts: 11,504
Thanks: 5
Thanked 83 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspode View Post
It's connected with trying to move the subs payment from ODB to VS I think. I read a post to that effect a few days ago but I'm stuffed if I can find it now.
Presumably, once they sort it all out it'll revert to the usual arrangement of non-subscribers only having 5 posts (or whatever they feel is appropriate).

Personally I'd favour returning to a free forum. Surely VS can raise enough income from advertising anyway? No doubt if they did that however we'd have all the subscribers demanding their money back from ODB?

Can't win really can they?
Not really members could have unlimited posts but only subscribers have access to the subscriber's areas - lounge, databases etc.

Nothing wrong with that - it is how the Bongo Fury forum works - members just get access - subscribers get access + extra benefits.
Pudsey_Bear and Pudsey_Bear like this.
Stanner is offline  
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 16:27
747
Senior Member
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gateshead
My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Posts: 8,413
Thanks: 7
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmac View Post
Apologies if this has been covered within the multitude of threads regarding the new setup but I was surprised, as a non-subscriber, to be able to post

Some ex subscribers are taking advantage of this. I know of one for certain who has had many bad things to say about Facts, plus he is far too greedy to subscribe here, has been posting merrily away. I am surprised he paid out £10 to the other MHF.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum
747 is offline  
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 16:48
Senior Member
 
JockandRita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lincs/Cambs border
Posts: 9,150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Some ex subscribers are taking advantage of this. I know of one for certain who has had many bad things to say about Facts, plus he is far too greedy to subscribe here, has been posting merrily away. I am surprised he paid out £10 to the other MHF.
Who might that be?

Jock.
JockandRita is offline  
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 17:50
747
Senior Member
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gateshead
My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Posts: 8,413
Thanks: 7
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JockandRita View Post
Who might that be?

Jock.

Eddieo on here and Judgemental everywhere else.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum
747 is offline  
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 17:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Scotland
My Motorhome: Bessacar 765
Posts: 153
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Some ex subscribers are taking advantage of this. I know of one for certain who has had many bad things to say about Facts, plus he is far too greedy to subscribe here, has been posting merrily away. I am surprised he paid out £10 to the other MHF.
I take offence to that comment, I might even that the post !!!!
blu66 is offline  
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 20:56
Senior Member
 
JockandRita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lincs/Cambs border
Posts: 9,150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu66 View Post
I take offence to that comment, I might even that the post !!!!
Sorry blu66, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "I might even that the post !!!!"

Regards,

Jock.
JockandRita is offline  
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 22:12
747
Senior Member
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gateshead
My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Posts: 8,413
Thanks: 7
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JockandRita View Post
Sorry blu66, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "I might even that the post !!!!"

Regards,

Jock.

He's had too much 'water of life'.
It doesn't take much these days at his age.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum
747 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome