Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Website Help (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/17-website-help/)
-   -   Is Facts a free forum now? (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/17-website-help/126986-facts-free-forum-now.html)

neilmac 25-02-2015 14:46

Is Facts a free forum now?

Apologies if this has been covered within the multitude of threads regarding the new setup but I was surprised, as a non-subscriber, to be able to post :nerd:

fatbuddha 25-02-2015 14:55

you were always able to post as a non-subscriber on the old site but were limited to 5 posts before you had to subscribe.

some others have raised a similar point but I don't know what the answer is.

gaspode 25-02-2015 15:39

It's connected with trying to move the subs payment from ODB to VS I think. I read a post to that effect a few days ago but I'm stuffed if I can find it now.
Presumably, once they sort it all out it'll revert to the usual arrangement of non-subscribers only having 5 posts (or whatever they feel is appropriate).

Personally I'd favour returning to a free forum. Surely VS can raise enough income from advertising anyway? No doubt if they did that however we'd have all the subscribers demanding their money back from ODB?

Can't win really can they?

Stanner 25-02-2015 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaspode (Post 1269858)
It's connected with trying to move the subs payment from ODB to VS I think. I read a post to that effect a few days ago but I'm stuffed if I can find it now.
Presumably, once they sort it all out it'll revert to the usual arrangement of non-subscribers only having 5 posts (or whatever they feel is appropriate).

Personally I'd favour returning to a free forum. Surely VS can raise enough income from advertising anyway? No doubt if they did that however we'd have all the subscribers demanding their money back from ODB?

Can't win really can they?

Not really members could have unlimited posts but only subscribers have access to the subscriber's areas - lounge, databases etc.

Nothing wrong with that - it is how the Bongo Fury forum works - members just get access - subscribers get access + extra benefits.

747 25-02-2015 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilmac (Post 1269714)
Apologies if this has been covered within the multitude of threads regarding the new setup but I was surprised, as a non-subscriber, to be able to post :nerd:

Some ex subscribers are taking advantage of this. I know of one for certain who has had many bad things to say about Facts, plus he is far too greedy to subscribe here, has been posting merrily away. I am surprised he paid out £10 to the other MHF. :frown2:

JockandRita 25-02-2015 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747 (Post 1270202)
Some ex subscribers are taking advantage of this. I know of one for certain who has had many bad things to say about Facts, plus he is far too greedy to subscribe here, has been posting merrily away. I am surprised he paid out £10 to the other MHF. :frown2:

Who might that be? :surprise:

Jock.

747 25-02-2015 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JockandRita (Post 1270378)
Who might that be? :surprise:

Jock.

Eddieo on here and Judgemental everywhere else.

blu66 25-02-2015 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747 (Post 1270202)

I take offence to that comment, I might even that the post !!!!

JockandRita 25-02-2015 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu66 (Post 1270722)
I take offence to that comment, I might even that the post !!!!

Sorry blu66, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "I might even that the post !!!!"

Regards,

Jock.

747 25-02-2015 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JockandRita (Post 1271266)
Sorry blu66, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "I might even that the post !!!!"

Regards,

Jock.

He's had too much 'water of life'. :wink2:
It doesn't take much these days at his age. :smile2: