Aaaand we are back! - Page 40 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

163Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of 396 (permalink) Old 28-12-2015, 22:47

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpg1963 View Post
I did try that but no membership number on it which is very strange. I log on to my account and states my subscription runs out in May 2016, it is really strange!!!!. Not only that sometimes I get messages telling me to subscribe when I am a subscriber already, my username gpg1963
Thanks
Hi gpg1963

I've just spent quite some time trying to ascertain the (now defunct) membership number that you are requesting. I've now found it contained in a visitor message that you sent to VS_Admin on 16/12/2015. (Visitor messages are public - not private - as opposed to PMs which are visible only to the recipient).

Quote:
Hello
My username: gpg1963, subsc. number: MHFO2YVJ528525
I would need an up to date membership card for insurance renewal purposes, could you please send/email me that asap
So why are you asking for a membership number that you clearly already know?

Second point is that these membership numbers are now obsolete. They were generated several years ago by David Burley (previous MHF owner) in response to a request from several members who wanted a membership card for various reasons. They were generated by using the letters MHF followed by several random characters and ending with your subscription number - which in your case was 28525. Since VS took over they have allocated completely different member reference numbers - yours is 117083 - although that means nothing at all except to the forum database. Your subscription is paid up until 12/05/2016, is that correct? Please post here if it is incorrect and I'll ask VS to investigate. If you need a membership number to enter onto an insurance renewal/quote it is probably best to use the obsolete number, in your case MHFO2YVJ528525 but I suspect that the insurance company won't dispute whatever number you use, they have no way of checking it. Membership cards are no longer issued by MHF or Verticalscope.

The forum is now managed by Verticalscope from Toronto, I'm sure they have several telephone numbers but I don't posess one so can't tell you what they are.

If you want to contact anyone at VS then the best way is to send them a PM - NOT a "visitor message" as these are both public and rarely read in my experience. The best person to contact is Jeff, his profile is here:
https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/mem...2-vs-jeff.html

Subscriptions are handled by the VS financial people in Toronto.

You can get messages at the top of the page when you logon asking you to subscribe, this is a "one - off" message and if you click on the red cross in the top right hand corner it should not appear again, although occasionally it will show if you access the site from a search engine or a "bookmark" you saved in the distant past.

I trust this answers your queries?
gpg1963, gpg1963, VS Jeff and 1 others like this.

MHFadmin is the identity used by the UK based admin staff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 396 (permalink) Old 29-12-2015, 21:13

My Motorhome: autoroller 200
Smile membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHFAdmin View Post
Hi gpg1963

I've just spent quite some time trying to ascertain the (now defunct) membership number that you are requesting. I've now found it contained in a visitor message that you sent to VS_Admin on 16/12/2015. (Visitor messages are public - not private - as opposed to PMs which are visible only to the recipient).

So why are you asking for a membership number that you clearly already know?

Second point is that these membership numbers are now obsolete. They were generated several years ago by David Burley (previous MHF owner) in response to a request from several members who wanted a membership card for various reasons. They were generated by using the letters MHF followed by several random characters and ending with your subscription number - which in your case was 28525. Since VS took over they have allocated completely different member reference numbers - yours is 117083 - although that means nothing at all except to the forum database. Your subscription is paid up until 12/05/2016, is that correct? Please post here if it is incorrect and I'll ask VS to investigate. If you need a membership number to enter onto an insurance renewal/quote it is probably best to use the obsolete number, in your case MHFO2YVJ528525 but I suspect that the insurance company won't dispute whatever number you use, they have no way of checking it. Membership cards are no longer issued by MHF or Verticalscope.

The forum is now managed by Verticalscope from Toronto, I'm sure they have several telephone numbers but I don't posess one so can't tell you what they are.

If you want to contact anyone at VS then the best way is to send them a PM - NOT a "visitor message" as these are both public and rarely read in my experience. The best person to contact is Jeff, his profile is here:
https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/mem...2-vs-jeff.html

Subscriptions are handled by the VS financial people in Toronto.

You can get messages at the top of the page when you logon asking you to subscribe, this is a "one - off" message and if you click on the red cross in the top right hand corner it should not appear again, although occasionally it will show if you access the site from a search engine or a "bookmark" you saved in the distant past.

I trust this answers your queries?

Hi
Really appreciate your response, finally I got the answer, thanks for that.
Regards
VS Jeff and VS Jeff like this.
post #393 of 396 (permalink) Old 20-01-2016, 16:23

My Motorhome: hobby 700
Hi i have asked before and been told how to start a new post,BUT i must be missing sum thing or getting daft in my old age,on my screen when logged in ,no were dose a sign come up new posts ,what am i doing wrong kenny

post #394 of 396 (permalink) Old 20-01-2016, 16:34

Go into the forum you want to post on, then click 'post new thread'.

Steve.

Last edited by tubbytuba; 20-01-2016 at 16:36.
The Following User Says Thank You to tubbytuba For This Useful Post:
kenny (21-01-2016)
post #395 of 396 (permalink) Old 20-01-2016, 16:56

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
Hi i have asked before and been told how to start a new post,BUT i must be missing sum thing or getting daft in my old age,on my screen when logged in ,no were dose a sign come up new posts ,what am i doing wrong kenny
See pic.

Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (379.2 KB, 7 views)

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
The Following User Says Thank You to dghr272 For This Useful Post:
kenny (21-01-2016)
post #396 of 396 (permalink) Old 21-01-2016, 13:51

My Motorhome: hobby 700
thank you i thought this was for the problems on the site thanks to both of you and the others who told me ,getting dafter with old age kenny
VS Jeff and VS Jeff like this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page