Aaaand we are back! - Page 39 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #381 of 396 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 09:08

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
As I've previously said, I like the "new" MHF and think it's a great improvement on where MHF had latterly got to. People seem to forget that there were numerous issues with the previous site and that it had got too cumbersome for Nuke to manage. There were endless moans and then a number of issues with site crashes and malware from recollection. I think Nuke did absolutely the right thing by selling the site to a larger organisation better able to manage it. I don't blame him for joining other forums - he probably wants to get away from all the moans on this one.
cabby and cabby like this.

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 396 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 09:22

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,122 Times in 1,058 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by peribro View Post
As I've previously said, I like the "new" MHF and think it's a great improvement on where MHF had latterly got to. People seem to forget that there were numerous issues with the previous site and that it had got too cumbersome for Nuke to manage. There were endless moans and then a number of issues with site crashes and malware from recollection. I think Nuke did absolutely the right thing by selling the site to a larger organisation better able to manage it. I don't blame him for joining other forums - he probably wants to get away from all the moans on this one.

I agree Peter mostly, the site has definitely improved, but it still has some issues, some I've not spotted so it's not just me.

Nuke should have done a bit of research on who he was selling to I think, maybe he did and still went for it, I don't know, not saying he shouldn't have sold it, that was a good move, but how would you feel if your neighbour was all smiles then sold his house to a drug dealer etc, while smiling over the fence.

As for getting away from the moans, sorry but they were self inflicted, first by trying to add to much functionality half of which was ill advised, then for failing to sort out his own cock ups.

The above is not intended to inflame things, just a point of view, like it or hate it, we're all entitled to have a view on how it was all managed, as we are all still paying for it.
post #383 of 396 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 12:05

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
I agree Kev that we are all entitled to our views on this and that there are some deficiencies with the new site that need correcting. However in the absence of knowing what alternatives Nuke had, I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Whatever we might think of the new site owners, it must surely be preferable to the site having been allowed to collapse or worse - sold to Fun!

In any event I think that these posts are better made in threads within the Subs Lounge - I thought that that was suggested and generally accepted recently in either this thread or another one?

Peter
The Following User Says Thank You to peribro For This Useful Post:
Pudsey_Bear (23-12-2015)

post #384 of 396 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by peribro View Post
I agree Kev that we are all entitled to our views on this and that there are some deficiencies with the new site that need correcting. However in the absence of knowing what alternatives Nuke had, I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Whatever we might think of the new site owners, it must surely be preferable to the site having been allowed to collapse or worse - sold to Fun!

In any event I think that these posts are better made in threads within the Subs Lounge - I thought that that was suggested and generally accepted recently in either this thread or another one?

I don't see any reason to put it in the subs lounge Peter, it's just idle chat, nothing controversial, and very late in the day too, speaking of which recent events would not have lasted very long on fun or anywhere else, members would have been kicked of promptly, or at least told to behave.

Anyway, I'm very bored of discussing VS on any level now, it seems they're going to do nothing, so pointless, I was just posting the reply in the correct thread hopefully, no more to be gained.
post #385 of 396 (permalink) Old 15-12-2015, 17:12

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Well that went out with a fizz
post #386 of 396 (permalink) Old 16-12-2015, 05:35

Well you kick off if you feel like it
post #387 of 396 (permalink) Old 23-12-2015, 06:42

Getting there, Thanks is back, and no bloody silly heart icon
post #388 of 396 (permalink) Old 27-12-2015, 17:14

My Motorhome: autoroller 200
website access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
We are now live!

Take a look around and ask any questions or feedback here.

Jeff

Hi
I have been trying to get my membership number for sometime now but so far without success. I have sent emails using various email addresses but no reply. What is the right email address of the administrator or someone handling the subscriptions? Is there a phone number?
I am a paid subscriber and live in the UK.
thanks
post #389 of 396 (permalink) Old 27-12-2015, 18:48

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
If you log into the old site, on the right hand side you will find your details including your membership, which begins with MHF.

cabby
VS Jeff and VS Jeff like this.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cabby For This Useful Post:
gpg1963 (28-12-2015), Harrers (27-12-2015)
post #390 of 396 (permalink) Old 28-12-2015, 21:32

My Motorhome: autoroller 200
I did try that but no membership number on it which is very strange. I log on to my account and states my subscription runs out in May 2016, it is really strange!!!!. Not only that sometimes I get messages telling me to subscribe when I am a subscriber already, my username gpg1963
Thanks
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page