Timberland - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:00 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTPCHEMICALS
Had northerlad not posted and Timberland responded we would have been non the wiser.
Timberland would have carried on with no undeserved publicity.
Customers would have been happy and confidence would have remained.
lets not forget the quality product that has been saved.
Its not gone to China or India like so many manufacturing jobs.
Small suppliers may not have been paid Sadly that is a risk in business. It happened to me 20 years ago with a large manufacturer.
I carried on business with the new owners, remember BL but on a pay for last months order before we deliver this months.

dave p
Yep its that attitude that makes me realise that this forum cannot be trusted for its company reports and I wasted my £10.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettdt
if he has been banned then we are only getting a one sided argument which then discredits it
I never saw the original post, but having looked at Northernlad's profile, he's not a subscriber, and he's got 5 posts remaining. That means that his post has been deleted, but more importantly - for me - it means that he signed up simply to make an anonymous and apparently-critical post as a "supplier".

That's not what the forum is for, is it. We've had this lots of times before - it's generally called "trolling" - such as with the venom posted about Desert Detours. I've never seen any reasoned debate by such individuals - they simply sign up, abuse their five free posts, and disappear without trace.

If the Mods have pulled this one, I have absolutely no difficulty with it.

Dougie.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:23

My Motorhome: Neismann & Bischoff Arto 66F
Personal Aire
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bognormike
Quote:
Thats what I was asking, is he free to post or has he been banned, if he is free to post then fine.

if he has been banned then we are only getting a one sided argument which then discredits it.

The post yesterday was closed pretty quickly therefore he did not necessarily have time to state his position, if he still can but chooses not to then there is no weight to what he was saying.

Quite.
Sorry I am not sure if that is a yes or no answer to my question.
not sure what the question was? if it was "Is he free to post?" Yes, if he subscribes, because he has used up his 5 "free" posts.

my comment "quite" refers to your last paragraph.

[/SIZE]
As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.

I don't feed trolls!

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:26

Personal Aire
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTPCHEMICALS
Had northerlad not posted and Timberland responded we would have been non the wiser.
Timberland would have carried on with no undeserved publicity.
Customers would have been happy and confidence would have remained.
lets not forget the quality product that has been saved.
Its not gone to China or India like so many manufacturing jobs.
Small suppliers may not have been paid Sadly that is a risk in business. It happened to me 20 years ago with a large manufacturer.
I carried on business with the new owners, remember BL but on a pay for last months order before we deliver this months.

dave p
Yep its that attitude that makes me realise that this forum cannot be trusted for its company reports and I wasted my £10.00.
again, I'm not sure what you mean? DTP was apparently pointing out some of the none too good facts of business life. Why is that a comment on the Company Reports on MHF?

[/SIZE]

I don't feed trolls!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:28

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by asprn
Quote:
if he has been banned then we are only getting a one sided argument which then discredits it
I never saw the original post, but having looked at Northernlad's profile, he's not a subscriber, and he's got 5 posts remaining. That means that his post has been deleted, but more importantly - for me - it means that he signed up simply to make an anonymous and apparently-critical post as a "supplier".

That's not what the forum is for, is it. We've had this lots of times before - it's generally called "trolling" - such as with the venom posted about Desert Detours. I've never seen any reasoned debate by such individuals - they simply sign up, abuse their five free posts, and disappear without trace.

If the Mods have pulled this one, I have absolutely no difficulty with it.

Dougie.

Dougie
Northernlad10 has used up all his 5 free posts - are you looking at somebody else?

[/SIZE]

I don't feed trolls!
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bognormike
Northernlad10 has used up all his 5 free posts - are you looking at somebody else?
I was looking at Northernlad - sorry. Are they two different accounts, or an attempt to carry on after running out?

Dougie.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:32

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
jettdt said, "Yep its that attitude that makes me realise that this forum cannot be trusted for its company reports and I wasted my £10.00."

I suppose that if you only had a single reason for joining, slating Timberland, you may have wasted your money.

If, on the other hand you are interested in Motorhoming you will find it the best tenner you ever spent.

Since you have paid up why not tell us which it is? Alan.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy
I suppose that if you only had a single reason for joining, slating Timberland, you may have wasted your money.
Alan,

I think to be fair that as he joined just under a year ago & has posted 58 times, he's not just joined for one purpose.

Dougie.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 19:49

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
jettdt, sorry, I should have checked. Why not tell us what your interest is?

Thanks Dougie, Alan.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 20:06 Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean? I have no interest beyond the reply I put on the other post. I will take back the £10.00 comment I have got my monies worth from this forum. Maybe after another 10 years in the hobby I will acquire the rose coloured specs a lot of you guys have been wearing. I repeat I have no agenda I live on the south coast I have a newly acquired Swift from a dealer who I am very happy with and have said so, it has has its problems and they have sorted them.

I was simply trying to put some balance into this situation and point out there is more to it, I apologise if it seemed aggressive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page