Timberland Motorhomes - A statement from the Proprietor - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettdt
Can you confirm all other creditors were paid and only you where the victim as your post seems to read.
I can't help noticing that you've been very defensive of the free-sign-up-post on the other thread (Northernlad). Based on your latest detailed question here, let me ask what it's got to do with you?

Also interesting to see another obvious troll post by a new sign-up on the previous page, heavily weighted with dripping sarcasm. Nice.

Dougie.
Its got to do with me as much as anyone else on here. I have not defended Northernlad. I have defended freedom of speech and just find it strange that there seems to be a culture of flaming anyone that makes negative comments on this forum.

I have said I have no axe to grind with this company, I just find it strange that people are wishing someone who has gone into administration and restarted the next day luck!! They are doing so without a thought to others this would have impacted. I do not know to what extent this has impacted other people and have asked for real clarity on this for no other reason than to make an informed decision, instead of getting that reply I am getting attacked for asking!

I have no ulterior motive I simply own a motorhome and have a strong sense of right and wrong, look back at my past posts and you will see I am a genuine, all be it fairly new motorhomer, unfortunately it seems that there is a culture of trying to undermine people who don't follow the back patting crowd on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 20:30

Thanks for replying.

There's no question - from me at any rate - of flaming you. If however you read your own posts in the same open-minded way you read others', you'll reach the reasonable conclusion that you've been quite aggressive (I don't mean rude) in your requesting information, which gives the appearance to me of someone with an agenda.

Dougie.
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprn
Thanks for replying.

There's no question - from me at any rate - of flaming you. If however you read your own posts in the same open-minded way you read others', you'll reach the reasonable conclusion that you've been quite aggressive (I don't mean rude) in your requesting information, which gives the appearance to me of someone with an agenda.

Dougie.
I apologise if I came across aggressive, I did not mean too, I think that can be the problem when conversing in this method.
I do not really know how I could prove I have no agenda other than saying look at my other posts I own a swift and live on the south coast. My only agenda is trying to make people realise that they should be in a more informed position before making judgement either way.

My repeated 'calling out' of Timberland is possibly a misunderstanding the point I am trying to make is that without this information supplied none of us are in a position to judge either way. I don't think the question I was asking was all that controversial.

I 100% agree that northernlad should pay up and tell us what his interest is, thats why in the other post I was asking if he could. Incidentally I thought I was replying on this post but accidentally started it as a new topic.

All I was trying to say is just because he has not revealed his interest does not detract from the part of his post that was fact.

I will shut up now and try to sit on my fingers.

post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 21:30

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettdt
I will wish Mr Cain luck but only if he can post an assurance that only the bank have been impacted by his actions.

Can you confirm all other creditors were paid and only you where the victim as your post seems to read.
This looks very fair to me. Mr Cain was at pains in his statement to point out how he had been affected by the actions of others. For the sake of fairness a response to the last sentence above would be appreciated.
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 21:38

My Motorhome: Bürstner City Car C540 and Kip caravan
Stuff happens. Nobody chooses to go down the tubes! Today’s market is extremely unstable. There are always two sides to the coin. It is always good to hear the facts and not just unsubstantiated insinuations. Instead of joining in the fray and fisticuffs or handbags all round some of us may be better persuaded to sit back, think hard and take a more reasoned approach. It would appear that Timberland has run into difficulties: I am sure they are in a very unhappy position and are not there by choice. It would seem they are trying to make the best of the situation. It is in everybody’s interests that they make a recovery. Let us wish them well.
As for assertions that ‘people will lose their deposits’ etc etc , it aint necessarily so. We ordered a van from HymerUK in September 07. We were then abroad until delivery date of 3 May 08. When we arrived back in UK we went immediately to HymerUK to collect the van and to learn of Brownhills bankruptcy and management ‘buy out’ the previous day. We went ahead with the purchase of the van, now with the ‘new’ company ; it was seamless and we had no problems with vehicle warranty etc. And this from much maligned Brownhills. It is to be hoped that Timberland will be able to continue in a similar manner.
Sal
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 21:52

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Jettdt, Thanks for the clarification.

You said, "All I was trying to say is just because he has not revealed his interest does not detract from the part of his post that was fact".

We have no way of knowing the facts. We do not know what the new arrangements are, we don't know what is owed or to whom.

There is no culture of protecting people on here, or of picking on negative posts. Many do like to reserve judgement when we do not know the fats. It is only question of time, if customers are let down we will be told.

If suppliers are let down we may find out but that is a risk that business people take. Either Timberland gave no clue as to their position and paid up as normal, in which case losses could be substantial but may be survivable or they got slower and slower paying in which case the signs were there for suppliers to see. Either way they have been surrounded by rumour for some time, again the signs were there for suppliers to see. Stopping their account or continuing to do business with them was a commercial decision for each supplier to take, Alan.
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 21:59

Fair Play?

I have no interest in this topic other than to get a sense of "Fair Play"
The questions I have are
Are there customer deposits at risk/lost?
Are there suppliers, employees or others losing money?
If the answers are "all debts paid in full" then I wish the new company all the best
If others have lost money is there a plan to pay off the debts if not then we should sympathise with the loosers as one mans administration is anothers bankruptcy
Regards Ray
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 22:07

Had northerlad not posted and Timberland responded we would have been non the wiser.
Timberland would have carried on with no undeserved publicity.
Customers would have been happy and confidence would have remained.
lets not forget the quality product that has been saved.
Its not gone to China or India like so many manufacturing jobs.

Small suppliers may not have been paid Sadly that is a risk in business.
It happened to me 20 years ago with a large manufacturer.
I carried on business with the new owners, remember BL but on a pay for last months order before we deliver this months.

As for losers just check on how much your pension funds have lost in the last few years.
Put things into perspective. Jobs were saved. That is the important thing.

dave p

post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 22:15

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Q. Are there customer deposits at risk/lost?
A. We don't know. We will probably find out in time.

Q. Are there suppliers, employees or others losing money?
A. Suppliers surely will. Employees may, we do not know. We may find out.

You say, "If the answers are "all debts paid in full" then I wish the new company all the best".
If they could have done that they would not have gone into administration.

You say, "If others have lost money is there a plan to pay off the debts if not then we should sympathise with the loosers as one mans administration is anothers bankruptcy".
There will be no plan to pay off debt, if they had a way to do that they would not have gone into administration. I imagine we all sympathise with the loosers and sadly some may end up bankrupt,

Alan.
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 16-06-2010, 22:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTPCHEMICALS
... Small suppliers may not have been paid Sadly that is a risk in business. ...

... Jobs were saved. That is the important thing.

dave p
Jobs were saved at Timberland. At the unpaid suppliers there may be a different story.

Northernlads posts were coherent, rational, well argued and I think erased now?. He will prob make himself known at some point and will doubtless show that this story does have 2 sides and that his POV is slighlty darker.

No I'm not him. I just don't like phoenix companies, they operate in exactly the same arena as the bailed-out banks tho on a smaller scale. If I lend you a tenner I expect it back, I don't expect to be told that since you've changed your name by deed-poll you don't owe me anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page