Kiam KM2000i 2000w Petrol Suitcase Inverter Generator - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 13:37

SPAM!

Mod Note. Spam indeed. Removed ta!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontikiChris
I am heading to a small ski resort named Ravascletto, on a small campsite at the rear of one of the hotels! I am more concerned about keeping warm, than anything else. I would doubt that the EHU would be 16amp! If it is, great! If it isn't, I do have 2 x 15kg gas bottles ...... which unfortunately won't run my fan heater!!
Chris,

Notwithstanding that gennies are not liked here, I believe I'm correct in saying that they are the only (financially) viable means of generating power in the ski resorts off mains. They are widely accepted there. Solar just won't cut the mustard. May I also suggest a trip to the DIY store and getting the foil backed bubble wrap and making battery jackets. Batts perform much better when they are not cold.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 20:24

Well I've been to Lienz many times but not by your route. I would be tempted to stay on the Autostrada A22 until the E66 heading towards Brunico. The road from there to Lienz is an easy and beautiful drive and you will pass by several ski areas that are much bigger than your destination. The final leg I've not been on.

Wondering how you decided on Ravescellto as opposed to the many others on your route.

A 10 kg propane tank seems to last us about 2 to max 3 nights in very cold weather depends of course on how much time you stay in during the day and how hot you keep it at night.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 23:02 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelm
Wondering how you decided on Ravescellto as opposed to the many others on your route.
Thanks jhelm,
I have been to Ravascletto a couple of times before. A friend has lived in Udine for the past 11 years & it is one of the nearest resorts, & it is a nice small resort, the way I like it! The season lift pass includes 4 other local resorts.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 08:38

I never think about skiing it that area. Probably should take a tour over there some time. It's not so far from where we live. Our closest big ski area is Civetta about 50 minutes from here. I love the Dolomites, been skiing 8 days so far this year.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 09:01

My Motorhome: I drive...
Hi I have the 1000i and when they go they are ok. Mine has stopped and I have to send it to Liverpool were I got it ( live in Nuneaton) so not a practical solution . Cannot get anyone else interested locally to service it and I don't seem, as yet, to be able to get a service manual to do it myself. My advice check out others with nation wide dealers and servicing before you spend your money

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page