Poll for 2012 Charity - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

View Poll Results: Which Charity should MHF Support in 2012
Alzheimer UK 11 11.22%
Bloodbikes 2 2.04%
Breast Cancer Care 3 3.06%
British Heart Foundation 1 1.02%
British Legion 1 1.02%
Cancer Research UK 24 24.49%
Children in Need 4 4.08%
Childrenís Liver Disease Foundation 0 0%
Cinnamon Trust 0 0%
Clic Sergent 4 4.08%
Cystic Fibrosis Trust 2 2.04%
Diabetes UK 5 5.10%
Dogs Trust 4 4.08%
Hearing dogs for the Deaf 2 2.04%
Help For Heroes 6 6.12%
Jo's Trust 0 0%
MacMillan 3 3.06%
MS Society 0 0%
Ovacome 1 1.02%
Ovarian Cancer trust 1 1.02%
Poppy Appeal 0 0%
RADAR 0 0%
RSPCA 2 2.04%
Spinal Injuries Association 0 0%
Spinal Research 0 0%
SSAFA 6 6.12%
The Air Ambulance 16 16.33%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 16:47

CLIC gets my vote, we have to start with the young.

But each and everyone listed has it's own merit.

Keith

Do unto others as they do unto you,and then **** off before the law arrives.

There are only 3 things in this world worth a solitary dime, thats old dogs, and children and watermelon wine. (Tom T Hall)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 17:09

Charity

I have personal experience in this matter. My life was saved on the 3rd August last year by the Yorkshire Air Ambulance when my motorcycle was in collision with a truck.
My face hit the rear of the truck and I ended up with massive facial injuries.
Without putting anyone off their tea you could look up from below my chin through where my nose was.
When my friends rang up for an ambulance they said they would send out a paramedic to assess me. An off duty policeman took the phone off my friend and told to operator in no uncertain terms to get the Air ambulance. This they did and 7 mins later I was on my way to York.
I believe they carried out a tracheotomy on the road side. They said another 4 mins and I would be dead.
I know some people do not like motorbikes and some may say that if I never rode a motorbike I would not have had the injures I now have but the YAA save lots of lives every year.

If anyone is undecided or that it does not matter who they vote for please vote for the Air Ambulance.

BTW my mother died of cancer a few years ago so cancer research is also close to my heart but they do get a high profile already.

I also think that this voting thing is fate because I have just started signing my emails with the Yorkshire air ampulance signature that you see below.

Thanks for listening and please vote.
(it costs £7200 to operate the YAA for one day.

Broko
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 17:25

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
SSAFA for me

They look after ex-service men AND their families if any "nasty" happens and we have all sadly seen the results of injuries sustained in the recent conflicts.

Remember the Government doesn't look after them very well at all and Help For Heroes (another favourite of mine) doesnt look after anyone injured before 9-11 (how many of you knew that little gem??)

Yes I have an interest, a son who has done 2 x tours in 'stan with the RAF. On one tour he was on the medivac Chinook as a door gunner for a while. Reckons he will never forget the fantastic dedication he saw from the medics involved and he tirelessly tries to raise the profile of SSAFA, Royal British Legion, Help For Heroes etc.

Trouble is they are ALL worthy causes and they ALL deserve our patronage.

How about supporting the top THREE charities in this poll for 4 months each?????????

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 18:10

I think this poll should be the main poll. Dont go to another one like last year-- it just draws the result out and it becomes boring for Members. IMO
I hated the begging I had to do in the end
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd
SSAFA for me

They look after ex-service men AND their families if any "nasty" happens and we have all sadly seen the results of injuries sustained in the recent conflicts.

Remember the Government doesn't look after them very well at all and Help For Heroes (another favourite of mine) doesnt look after anyone injured before 9-11 (how many of you knew that little gem??)

Yes I have an interest, a son who has done 2 x tours in 'stan with the RAF. On one tour he was on the medivac Chinook as a door gunner for a while. Reckons he will never forget the fantastic dedication he saw from the medics involved and he tirelessly tries to raise the profile of SSAFA, Royal British Legion, Help For Heroes etc.

How about supporting the top THREE charities in this poll for 3 months each?????????
Thats a little unfair as
A- we dont collect enough money to share between 3 charities and B- its unfair to the charities that are lower in the Alphabet
They all deserve a chance
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by locovan
Quote:
SSAFA for me

How about supporting the top THREE charities in this poll for 3 months each?????????
Thats a little unfair as
A- we dont collect enough money to share between 3 charities and B- its unfair to the charities that are lower in the Alphabet
In fairness to Mrplodd I think he mean't the three charities that polled the most votes - not the first three on the above alphabetical list.
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd0g
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovan
Quote:
SSAFA for me

Thats a little unfair as
In fairness to Mrplodd I think he mean't the three charities that polled the most votes - not the first three on the above alphabetical list.
Oh sorry I have read that wrong so sorry
Well at least my mistake has bumped it up
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 18:47

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
I have sent him a PM seeking clarification of this point since IMO we would support the top 3 polled charities for 4 months each,

sadly he no longer has the ability to edit his post (time limit now expired) but any Moderator will change it if my suspicion proves to be accurate and that it is a simple typo.

I hope that we will be able to clarify this point,

Dave
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 18:48

Me again

How much did the group raise last year?

I myself will be raising money this year for YAA and WILL raise enough to keep it flying for a day.

It would be good to actually see what raising an amount could do on here rather than a sum of money going into a big pot if you know what I mean?

ie X amount of days flying.

Having said that all charity work is good for the soul!

Broko
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 19:04

Re: Me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broko
How much did the group raise last year?

I myself will be raising money this year for YAA and WILL raise enough to keep it flying for a day.

It would be good to actually see what raising an amount could do on here rather than a sum of money going into a big pot if you know what I mean?

ie X amount of days flying.

Having said that all charity work is good for the soul!

Broko
http://www.justgiving.com/motorhomefacts

You can follow it on the Home Page but it has taken a lot of hard work in Donations and Raffles -with prizes donated from members and Gerald, Pusser, Ramos and myself writing books to sell.
And St Aubyns walked all year bless him he has sore feet now bless!!!
https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopti...f-charity.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page