Money from Mavis / Pusser books - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 22-06-2011, 10:40 Thread Starter

Money from Mavis / Pusser books

After being away for a while, I've finally worked out the current situation with the books Mavis and Pusser wrote to support the 2011 MHF Charity - Mesothelioma UK.

Up to now, we've paid 98.34 and 87.52 in to the charity. As soon as everything clears (cheques and monies exchanged from $ and brought in from the USA), I shall be paying 345.92 in to the Justgiving charity account, which will make the grand total (so far, and some of the royalties only include sales up to April)

This is an excellent total, and I wish to thank everyone who has purchased one (or more) of the books. As an aside, I've added all the money from the sales of my books in as well.

If you haven't read any of them yet, can I ask you to consider buying them? Mavis's book, MESO WARRIOR, is a heart-rending, but uplifting, account of the struggle Mavis and her husband Ray have had over the past couple of years. PUSSER'S PROGRESS is a hilarious book, written by our very own Pusser, of his travels (and travails) in his motorhomes.

Thank you again.

Gerald

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 22-06-2011, 18:00

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Orian Saturn
Excellent news Gerald. Not only are they helping a charity but they are a good read too.

Regards,

Graham

see my articles and tutorials at www.zappysblog.co.uk
(e.g. Cleaning Drinking Water Tanks etc.)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 22-06-2011, 22:35

Thanks Gerald just read this as been in London all day as the nasty thinks it can go at me a second time and is growing again.

We have also put in the extra money where I bought my own book and then signed and sold them which created some more money.
And Rays money from his books have gone in so what with donations and sales of Tina's pretty cards and Raffles (thanks to the generous Rally Members) we have approx 1662.12 including the money you are just putting in, and there is money sitting in MHFacts Bank
So thats just great for 6 months

Tomorrow I have another interview with Mesothelioma Support Group in Orlando USA and they want to promote my book in the USA.

I will also be in the Womans Weekly 100th birthday edition talking about my blog as I was interviewed yesterday.
All this I would never have done so there has been a good side to this disease.

Book two is being written and comes out for dec 2011

A big thanks to you and also to Pusser as that book is so funny xxx

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 22-06-2011, 22:39 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by locovan
I'm amazed that you can say something like this. Only you could do that!

Quote:
Excellent! If you need any help with formatting, etc, let me know But by now, Ray's probably more expert than me!

Gerald

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 22-06-2011, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldandannie
Quote:
I'm amazed that you can say something like this. Only you could do that!

Quote:
Excellent! If you need any help with formatting, etc, let me know But by now, Ray's probably more expert than me!

Gerald
We are only just writing at the moment as it is all happening again only this time Im traveling to St Barts London every week and I really want to raise awareness of the ADAMs trial so I hope from next week I will know if Im on it.
Today the nurse said they are all talking about my book and reading my blog as they are learning so much.
Mesothelioma UK have a long way to go to raise Awareness of the disease that most people cant even spell
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-06-2011, 00:01 Thread Starter

Quote:
We are only just writing at the moment as it is all happening again only this time Im traveling to St Barts London every week and I really want to raise awareness of the ADAMs trial so I hope from next week I will know if Im on it.
That horrible thing really doesn't know when to give up, does it? Give it a kick from me.

Quote:
Today the nurse said they are all talking about my book and reading my blog as they are learning so much. Mesothelioma UK have a long way to go to raise Awareness of the disease that most people cant even spell
Apart from telling people your own story, you're performing a huge service to the cancer care community at large, and to society. By being brave enough to be open about it, so many people are learning so much. Good on ya!

Gerald

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-06-2011, 00:02

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF
I'd meant to buy Pusser's book, so thanks for reminding me. Is there also a paper version? I'd also like to buy a copy for someone who doesn't have an ereader.

Already have Gerald, and Mavis's books and looking forward to the next one.

Mavis, sorry to hear you're going through a particularly hard time. Glad to hear though that it doesn't stop all your amazing work.

Chris
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-06-2011, 00:12 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisandJohn
Is there also a paper version? I'd also like to buy a copy for someone who doesn't have an ereader.
Here you go, Chris:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperbac...gress/14727783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisandJohn
Already have Gerald, and Mavis's books and looking forward to the next one.
Thank you so much

Gerald

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-06-2011, 08:14

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561
Book

Excellent stuff Gerald and of course Mr Pusser himself for all the entertainment. Perhaps it could be translated into German too!

Russell
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 30-09-2011, 15:58

Gerald has sneaked on yesterday 162.22 from the sale of his books on Amazon bringing the Total Raised so far: 1,812.48 + gift aid
Also there is over 100 in the MHFacts Bank when I first donated the sales from my book and Just giving wasnt set up.
I would like to thank all of you for the hard work at rallies and the donations of prizes for the raffles. You have all been so kind and so generous.
We have only 3 months to go to the end of the year so I will have more donations to go in from the sale of our books and Pusser's of coarse.
But I just wanted say you are all so wonderful and have been so supportive as I go into my Chemo Battle again. I have been accepted for a Phase 3 trial of a drug NGR015 NGR-h TNF and a Chemo tablet Vinorelbine so a battle begins.
Im at a Mesothelioma UK Conference tomorrow, so I will report to them how generous you have all been--- my dear Cyber friends
I know there is no cure-- but there just might be one soon !!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page