MHF charity - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:50 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
MHF charity

Following on from the "unwanted gift card" thread, I wondered if MHF had a charity to support.

Found this but nothing recent so does anyone know the state of play for 2016

"Motorhome facts has a charity bank account and a charity Rep and each year we raise money for a nominated charity. Discuss any ideas / information in here"

I would nominate children in need or any charity for abused kids.
scottie and scottie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 10:59

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
Strange you should bring this up.I do not think that VS will be interested, also Nuke would have been in control of the bank account for the charity I would imagine.

Maybe a PM to him would help you get it started again ready for next Christmas.

cabby

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 05:49 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby View Post
Strange you should bring this up.I do not think that VS will be interested, also Nuke would have been in control of the bank account for the charity I would imagine.

Maybe a PM to him would help you get it started again ready for next Christmas.

cabby
Not interested in contacting him Phil, as for VS, it is our forum, so I think they would be able to put something in place fairly easily if the membership felt it was a good idea.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 09:30

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
It appeared to me that MHF charities were in fact run by the Rally Group and were mainly rally based as that is where most of the donations were raised e.g. raffles, bonus ball etc. They were nothing to do with Nuke and the donations were handled by the the treasurer or rally marshalls who passed them on to the 'sponsor' e.g. Mavis when the charity was mesotheliomal who obtained receipts from the charity. There was of course nothing to prevent non ralliers from donating. I could be a bit mixed up with the collection route and the charity bank account. I am sure that gaspode [Ken] has a better understanding.
As I understand it there is no charity currently being supported although some rally marshalls organise raffles etc and donate the income to their nominated charity.

Last edited by rayc; 04-01-2016 at 09:37.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayc For This Useful Post:
cabby (04-01-2016), Pudsey_Bear (04-01-2016)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 09:58

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF
I remember that one year a Just Giving page was set up so that those of us who weren't at rallies could easily donate to the chosen charity. It was for mesothelioma at that point, but on other years I remember it had been other cancer charities.

Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisandJohn For This Useful Post:
rayc (04-01-2016)
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 14:15

My Motorhome: Burstner I709G
Has anybody thought about asking Barryd to set one up.

M
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 14:18

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Dunno if its of interest but last year Motorhome Fruitcakes sponsored a Donkey at the Donkey sanctuary at Sidmouth in Devon. Im not saying that should be the MHF cause but we raised the money by selling Fruitcakes Windows stickers. Maybe we could do something similar on here. I think they may already be a MHF sticker but maybe it needs revamping and people would be getting a sticker with the profits going to charity. Just an idea. I knocked them up myself and just got one of those online places to print them. Piece of cake (Fruitcake as it happens)

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 14:24

My Motorhome: Burstner I709G
I've certainly backed a few old donkey's in me day.

M
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 17:26

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
I like to give to charities

If we can we should

But I'm wary now, I don't want £4 in every five going to admin , free gifts , high wages

So I more interested in charities that are recommended

It would be great to have MHF charity the way we used too

Aldra
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 21:22

Send a message via Skype™ to scottie
Hi All
Picking up on the points made.

MHF charity

Found this but nothing recent so does anyone know the state of play for 2016

"Motorhome facts has a charity bank account and a charity Rep and each year we raise money for a nominated charity. Discuss any ideas / information in here"

I would nominate children in need or any charity for abused kids.

It appeared to me that MHF charities were in fact run by the Rally Group and were mainly rally based as that is where most of the donations were raised e.g. raffles, bonus ball etc. They were nothing to do with Nuke and the donations were handled by the the treasurer or rally marshalls who passed them on to the 'sponsor' e.g. Mavis when the charity was mesotheliomal who obtained receipts from the charity. There was of course nothing to prevent non ralliers from donating. I could be a bit mixed up with the collection route and the charity bank account. I am sure that gaspode [Ken] has a better understanding.

As I understand it there is no charity currently being supported although some rally marshalls organise raffles etc and donate the income to their nominated charity. I remember that one year a Just Giving page was set up so that those of us who weren't at rallies could easily donate to the chosen charity. It was for mesothelioma at that point, but on other years I remember it had been other cancer charities. I like to give to charities

If we can we should

But I'm wary now, I don't want £4 in every five going to admin , free gifts , high wages

So I more interested in charities that are recommended

It would be great to have MHF charity the way we used too

Aldra

Dave Nuke set up the charity link to just giving as a means of MHF raising monies for charities,he choose the charity in at the start,then it was put to the members what that years charity was to be,then mavis took over for a year but the funds still went via just giving,to the best of my knowledge that link still works,the rally group members was the main fund raisers and some wanted to donate to their chosen charity's,Lady J was dog charity's my self was to cancer research,we still hold our raffle each year at Lincoln Rally to raise funds.
the Rally group has a charity bank account, but i have been paying the funds we raised via my just giving account to cancer research,I would be willing as group treasurer to try and set up a just giving page and ask vs to post the link,hope this will answer some questions.
George (Scottie)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page