Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Fitting dual DIN media center

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29-08-2015, 16:57 Thread Starter
Oaktree11

My Motorhome: Burstner Aviano i640G "A" class based on Fiat Ducato 2.3 130
Personal Aire
Send a message via Skype™ to Oaktree11
Fitting dual DIN media center

Hi All,
When we bought our Burstner Aviano i640G it had a Blaupunkt radio in. I didnt try it during the test drive but I assume it was broken because during the pre delivery checks the dealer replaced it with a Sharp radio which did work but was awful both visually and functionally! It had also been "slung in".
It was not really an issue because we had decided that we wanted a double din media center anyway.
We decided against a built in satnav because a portable one is more flexible and has the benefit of lifetime free map updates (unlike the built in ones - why is that??). So, I looked around and eventually settled on a Kenwood. The important things were a) good ipad/iphone integration, b) DAB radio (i know it is controversial but i have had one in cars for years and although not perfect i wouldnt be without it) c) CD/DVD d) ease of use
Fitting was pretty straightforward. The two plastic lugs which divide the single din radio from the binnacle (you can see them in the first pic) above have to be cut off but after that its plain sailing.
Second pic is the finished article, i think it looks good. Unfortunately the DAB aerial did not arrive on time so it has to come out again to be fitted...sigh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1590.jpg (432.4 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1608.jpg (433.3 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by Oaktree11; 29-08-2015 at 17:14. Reason: typo

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome