Campsite Competition, WIN FREE Subscription / iCampsites USB - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 21:04 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Campsite Competition, WIN FREE Subscription / iCampsites USB

In an attempt to increase our coverage on the campsite database (and in turn the coverage for the icampsites application databases) I am announcing a new fun competition

All you need to do is ADD UK CAMPSITES to our campsite database that are not already in the database and/or Add Reviews to existing UK Campsites entries in our database. (See Guide here)

Competition starts now

Anyone adding over 25 New UK Campsite entries and / or 40 Additional Campsite reviews will get the choice of receiving either a new subscription (If they are a none subscriber), a 12 month extension to an existing subscription or a FREE copy of iCampsites USB. (So you would in fact be increasing the size of the database in your own software)

Competition ends in 06/10/2011 @ 0900

Remember (especially with an increased workload) that each entry is checked and then approved so your entries do not become visible in the public database immediately and there will be a delay.

The current state of play of the competition can be watched on the Competition Page HERE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 21:50

Mmmmm how come when I add a review to icampsites it accepts it but I never see it again? I can't see the database from my ipad as I can't see the map this may be a picnic issue I admit.

Greenie
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 22:06

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
I never use campsites.

Does this mean I can get a reduced subscription?

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 22:27 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Quote:
Mmmmm how come when I add a review to icampsites it accepts it but I never see it again
It doesn't upload the reviews you do until you actual do an Update of reviews and at the same time it uploads your reviews to mhf to be checked, approved and entered into the main database
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 22:31

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't use British campsites, I want quality and a reasonable price.

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 22:43

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenasthegrass
Mmmmm how come when I add a review to icampsites it accepts it but I never see it again? I can't see the database from my ipad as I can't see the map this may be a picnic issue I admit.

Greenie
Hi Greenie

The one you submitted earlier has been approved and is now in the database - but you didn't read the rules did you?

They've got to be UK sites to qualify.

PS: If you're at St. Valery sur Somme ATM, try the marina aire at Le Crotoy across the bay instead, no getting out of puff walking back from town and the train station is just a couple of hundred yards away. Oh, and the seafood restaurants are better too.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 22:45

Sadly I'm back in Leeds!

I was updating the ones in France cos I've just been wasn't particularly entering the competition!

Greenie
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 22:59

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenasthegrass
Sadly I'm back in Leeds!

I was updating the ones in France cos I've just been wasn't particularly entering the competition!

Greenie
Back in Leeds -

Seems as if your review is being counted in the competition stakes anyway Looks as if Nuke might have made a slight boo-boo.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 23:12

icampsite usb

Glad to see an update on icampsites usb. I emailed ages ago with a gripe about it but never heard a thing back.
Maybe an update button may make it easier to update oh it has one.
The usefull compass is handy to keep in your pocket. Surely would have been cheaper to have one that worked.
The usb bit is ok but I have to take the one next to it out to fit it in.
Not good value as the iphone app is cheap and upgrades so the wife said, bit gutted I layed out on it to be honest. Hope the Android one is better.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 23:24

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,168 Times in 1,014 Posts
Personal Aire
Why just UK and does it include cl sites or wild spots.

I don't use campsites either but will have a raft of places to update or add after this trip.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page