Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Gulfstream (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/162-gulfstream/)
-   -   Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini. (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/162-gulfstream/57048-gulf-stream-vista-cruiser-mini.html)

gnscloz 16-08-2009 22:21

Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini.

hi can anyone enlighten me on Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini. 56 reg 9000 miles on clock saw one at malvern show today for sale for 53000 immaculate inside and out, just about all i know about them as did,nt see it till late on sun, any advice on price mpg etc ba appreciated think had 3.5 merc diesel engine in
thanks mark

geraldandannie 16-08-2009 22:34

Hi Mark

I've found a PDF file on them >> here << from the main website >> here <<.

It looks a nice compromise between a Euro motorhome, and an RV with slideouts.

Gerald

gnscloz 16-08-2009 22:49

thanks gerald,
yes agree really taken to it the slide out really makes a difference and quality inside is outstanding, and very comfortable, looked at about 30 vans at malvern and this seemed best value for money, esp sitting on a mercedes.

GEMMY 16-08-2009 23:07

Very nice,but have you looked in depth at it's cargo carrying capacity.Yankee vehicles are notorious for being overweight in their structure with minimal carrying capacity. 8O

tony

teemyob 17-08-2009 10:11

Re: Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnscloz
hi can anyone enlighten me on Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini. 56 reg 9000 miles on clock saw one at malvern show today for sale for 53000 immaculate inside and out, just about all i know about them as did,nt see it till late on sun, any advice on price mpg etc ba appreciated think had 3.5 merc diesel engine in
thanks mark

Hello,

Mostly, They are Mercedes 3 Litre V6 Diesels, some may have the 3.5 Litre Petrol engine.

There are a few Mercedes/Dodge based models around.

Fleetwood Icon/Pulse
Monaco Covina
Gulfstream Vista Mini Cruiser
Winebago View
Itasca and so on.

Often the biggest problem is Payload

Very nearly bought a Pulse until I found out the payload was 150kG's!. Not much for a 6 Berth Motorhome.

Here is a new model

New Winnie

Trev

gnscloz 17-08-2009 20:51

thanks all dealer getting back to me with payloads

mark

GEMMY 17-08-2009 20:55

Don't believe the dealer,e-mail the manufacturer and get it from the horses mouth.I had to correct Travelworld with capacities about the Icon and Pulse rv's,

tony

RichardnGill 17-08-2009 21:05

We were thinking of getting a Pulse last year as well but as already said pay load was very poor and so were the travel seats.

Pity though as they do look very nice.

Richard...

teemyob 17-08-2009 22:32

Weights

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEMMY
Don't believe the dealer,e-mail the manufacturer and get it from the horses mouth.I had to correct Travelworld with capacities about the Icon and Pulse rv's,

tony

Thanks for the .pdf and warnings Tony.

Trev

GEMMY 17-08-2009 22:53

All in all its a shame about the Yank 'european' style m/homes,I haven't seen one yet with a decent payload and a garage.

tony