Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Mot

11K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  LongAndWindingRoad 
#1 ·
Had the old girl Moted today passed with flying colours.

What I thought was a rip off is the local weighbridge is now charging £20. Last time I used them it was a fiver

Loddy

#2 ·
For weighing my truck, I take it to the local council refuse tip (where the bin lorries go). They weigh trucks in and out and charge accordingly. If you just drive on to it, you can see the reading but they won't give a ticket without payment. No idea how much, I get the info I need and drive off!

#6 ·
To be able to calculate the braking effort you need to know the vehicle weight, new brake testers have the ability to weigh the axle old ones do not.
Being a RV Vosa don't have weight tables for RVs unlike euro boxes hence the need to weigh it. If people say they have had a RV tested without being asked for evidence of weight it ain't been done right.

Loddy

#7 ·
karlb said:
why do you need a weight cert for the mot?
That what I was wondering......
loddy said:
To be able to calculate the braking effort you need to know the vehicle weight, new brake testers have the ability to weigh the axle old ones do not.
Being a RV Vosa don't have weight tables for RVs unlike euro boxes hence the need to weigh it. If people say they have had a RV tested without being asked for evidence of weight it ain't been done right.
Loddy
Well the weight is listed on the van.
So far by RV has MOTs from 2 different places without some special vehicle weight test, so done right or not - I have an MOT. In my book - that means sorted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.