Please don't clutter up 'genuine' threads with waffle - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 49Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 23-07-2021, 17:23 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bognormike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Felpham, actually
My Motorhome: Neismann & Bischoff Arto 66F
Posts: 18,605
Thanks: 100
Thanked 110 Times in 88 Posts
Personal Aire
Please don't clutter up 'genuine' threads with waffle

I'm not trying to be a moderator here, gods only know we had enough of trying to keep peace on here way back.

There's been a number of new members recently trying to get answers.Very pleasing to see something other than 'off topic' or 'subscribers' lounge' in the latest posts list.

Many of them are complete newbies, others would just like something sorted. Please would some of the 'old school' not fill up their threads with irerelevant stuff or 'banter'?
Just answer the question if you can, or ask for further details which might elicit an answer. If you can't, shut up!



Mike
eurajohn, Drew, erneboy and 4 others like this.
bognormike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 23-07-2021, 18:46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belfast
My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Posts: 10,708
Thanks: 193
Thanked 575 Times in 546 Posts
Crikey Mike, did you get out of bed on the wrong side?!

Not sure if you're referring to me but I often come across posts which have been missed. If I can help, I do but even if I can't I will say something to bring the post to the top of the pile - and very often that's enough for someone who CAN make an intelligent contribution to do so.

Jean
jiwawa is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 23-07-2021, 18:56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 13,075
Thanks: 919
Thanked 499 Times in 442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Crikey Mike, did you get out of bed on the wrong side?!

Not sure if you're referring to me but I often come across posts which have been missed. If I can help, I do but even if I can't I will say something to bring the post to the top of the pile - and very often that's enough for someone who CAN make an intelligent contribution to do so.


Maybe Oxford United are having bad run.
patp, raynipper and Pudsey_Bear like this.
nicholsong is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 23-07-2021, 19:49
Senior Member
 
JanHank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Germany, I can see Poland from my windows.
My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Posts: 14,245
Thanks: 551
Thanked 692 Times in 634 Posts
Personal Aire
I think you can count the genuine Newbies over the year on one hand Mike, even when they do have an answer they don´t bother to confirm they have seen it.
Cherekee, patp, Penquin and 3 others like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
JanHank is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 23-07-2021, 21:16
Senior Member
 
Penquin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aquitaine
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Posts: 21,904
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 870 Times in 782 Posts
Personal Aire
Sadly many people are given advice and yet don’t bother to comeback and explain if the problem was sorted or not.

It would be helpful if everyone given such advice did let those who have given advice feedback about what they found. That way ALL of us on here learn and can give, perhaps, slightly different or extensive advice if someone seeks help in the future.

Mike and I long remember how impossible it was to keep the peace - I second him on that.

and no, I have never been an Oxford United fan, that link between us never existed.
patp and Pudsey_Bear like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
Penquin is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 24-07-2021, 08:02
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Posts: 41,537
Thanks: 1,634
Thanked 1,105 Times in 1,042 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I left school in 1965, at that time I stopped answering to authority, so whilst I accept it might have gone a little OTT it does no harm, makes the forum a little more fun and DOES NOT STOP the thread being continued until some info is added, if anything it keeps it in the limelight.


And as said if the one posting came back we would happily continue to help.
patp and Webby1 like this.
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 24-07-2021, 10:00
EJB
Senior Member
 
EJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Suffolk (By choice)
My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Posts: 4,398
Thanks: 41
Thanked 139 Times in 129 Posts
As a newcomer to the site I notice that wafflers waffle no matter what.
I also notice that first timers have a return rate of about 2% on all forums....I imagine the other 98% have posted the same question on so many forums that they simply can't remember where and when.
Is there an smiley for a yawn?
bognormike, patp and Matchlock like this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
EJB is online now  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 24-07-2021, 11:11
Senior Member
 
Pudsey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Keighley, Still in Gods County.
My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Posts: 41,537
Thanks: 1,634
Thanked 1,105 Times in 1,042 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I like a good waffle, nice with Jam and cream, but which first????
patp likes this.
Pudsey_Bear is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 24-07-2021, 11:14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 13,075
Thanks: 919
Thanked 499 Times in 442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
As a newcomer to the site I notice that wafflers waffle no matter what.
I also notice that first timers have a return rate of about 2% on all forums....I imagine the other 98% have posted the same question on so many forums that they simply can't remember where and when.
Is there an smiley for a yawn?
Ted

"newcomer"? Who are you trying to kid?

Geoff
patp, EJB and JanHank like this.
nicholsong is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 24-07-2021, 13:56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belfast
My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Posts: 10,708
Thanks: 193
Thanked 575 Times in 546 Posts
My thinking is we have no idea in advance as to who will be a OPW (1-post wonder) and who will stick around and become part of the furniture. I therefore extend a welcome, and help where I can, to everyone.

It doesn't cost anything to be civil and open. However, being crabbit might just persuade a newcomer that this isn't actually the place they'd want to spend their time.

It happened to me on another forum a couple of years ago.
erneboy, patp and Penquin like this.

Jean
jiwawa is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome