Videos posted in threads - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-08-2013, 10:07
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.

My Motorhome: Autocruise Starburst
Personal Aire
Hi Kev

Your one thread idea is excellent but was rejected as unworkable when , for the sake of harmony, I suggested it in January.

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic...7.html#1359667

Mike

Mike
When confronted by a problem, you can solve it easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger have handled this?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-08-2013, 10:22

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykal
Hi Kev

Your one thread idea is excellent but was rejected as unworkable when , for the sake of harmony, I suggested it in January.

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic...7.html#1359667

Mike
I think thats where I got the idea from Mike, I don't see why it would be unworkable, the only difference for Roger would be he doesn't get to title each post, but he like everyone else on here has his viewers, some will open his thread to see what his latest post was, or not if they don't like to see them whichever, but gone will be the page full of videos which seems to be the problem, not Roger or his posts, just where they are, unlike the useless birthday posts every morning which pushes any interesting night post of the page.

I think it's most workable and I think my joke thread proves it would, just a different feel to it, provided by Roger of course, it could be called simply "Rogers Video and things of interest thread" now can we move on to things which actually matter, like where can I find a bathroom door lock, as I've yet to find one I like and is an easy fit.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-08-2013, 11:04

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
I can't see the problem in Roger posting videos especially as so many enjoy them.

However I totally agree with those that are fed up with them popping up unwanted and obscuring the rest of the screen (and for some people presumably using expensive bandwidth).

Why isn't possible for him to continue posting but instead of embedding the video to post a link to it? It's only one click isn't it?

Dick

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-08-2013, 11:05

My Motorhome: Neismann & Bischoff Arto 66F
Personal Aire
again, I cant see why Roger can't run a thread like Kev's in J&T for all the non-motorhoming videos and links? Call it whatever he wants, and add to it as and when. People who want to watch them can go straight to it, or even "watch" it for additions.

edit,..
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-08-2013, 12:57

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glandwr
EDITED

Why isn't possible for him to continue posting but instead of embedding the video to post a link to it? It's only one click isn't it?

Dick
I think he does sometimes Dick, but not always, but a good solution as it's obviously a big deal for some, and the way they have to use the site IE on a mobile or pad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page