Spares for Le Sharo, Phasar, Centauri and U-Van - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 19-12-2008, 20:53 Thread Starter

Spares for Le Sharo, Phasar, Centauri and U-Van

Bought my '84 Le Sharo in October 08 but when I tried to get a new accelerator cable from the Renault dealership, after 'phoning France, was told this is an obsolete part and that Renault no longer make them. I was devastated, thinking I'd been sold a rather expensive piece of street furniture. However, Dudleys of Oxfordshire gave me the number of Mobility RV in Iowa, USA and 36 hours later I had the cable- impressive service! Their number is 001 641 896 2222 and web is www.winnebagoparts.com They also advised me on which shurflo water pump to get as mine is missing. They bought the manufacturing rights from Renault (or something like that)- what a pity Renault couldn't divulge this information as it would have saved me a few days of anguish! Be aware that you have to pay import duty, mine was £16.91 for the cable, but well worth it to be able to move the van! My next purchase will be fibreglass replacement valance panels and wheel lips (currently $649 for set) as mine are extremely rusty and would cost loads to weld......plastic surgery for my van??? It should be me!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 20-12-2008, 17:21

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Hello karlaltra,
It's most annoying but the base vehicles used to support the Phasar and Le Sharo were made up from various Renault models.
I can't tell you what bit came from what model but when looking for a Renault spare check out the 21, 25 and Traffic parts list.

Ray.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 24-12-2008, 00:04 Thread Starter

Thanks Ray, will do next time I come unstuck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page