Ford Hobby clutch - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 18:19

From my knowledge as purchasing manager (retired, yippee) of a motor factor we used to sell a solid flywheel and clutch system in place of a DMF version and had nothing but problems with them. Customers wanted them because it was CHEAP, but then found that cheap meant paying twice.

The DMF is fitted to most, if not all, Diesel engined cars and light commercials to absorb the power impulses before they reach the gearbox and drive train and otherwise wreck them. Guess what, with a solid clutch people get drive train problems.

One of the biggest problems for us, MH users, is that what we drive is generally at the maximum weight permitted of the cab unit. We tend to be 3.5 tonnes and that is it, we don't do lightweight. The poor old clutch, and engine, and brakes, and suspension etc. etc. are all under tremendous loads ALL of the time. What goes first? Clutch.

As said above, it is good to find a repairer with some sense. As for an unavailable DMF at the time, isggest it was an unscrupulous repairer as ford transits are the most commonly n of the white van brigade out there and parts are a plenty.
erneboy and erneboy like this.

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

WWW . MOTORHOMEOWNERS .ORG

http://www.motorhomeowners.org/

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Never yet met a Yank I couldn't take an immediate dislike to.

Burstner Nexxo T660
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 16:59 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Ford HobbyT600FC
Ford Hobby Clutch

Sprinta. Thanks for your expert opinion & wished I was aware of of the need to have a DMF fitted. The fitting of a DMF was on my insistence as they ( MJ Ellis) had previously fitted a fixed Flywheel with the Clutch only lasted for less than 4200 miles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page