Renault Master Lunar PR59 Motorhome Cam Belt change - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 21:22

Location: Morley Leeds, When in this lousy country, sat in my electric leather reclining chair.
My renault lunar was reg in june 2006 & has 37,000 on the clock. My local garage suggests strongly a cambelt change & service and has quoted 460.05 incl Vodka and tonic (vat)!!! I must get it done !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 21:53

hi , had ours exactly same as yours done this year, hand book states 5 years as does autodata, mine was at 18,000 miles cost 235 at my local trusted mechanic , my choice but i didn't have the water pump done as they sho last 2 cam belt changes at least.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 21:54

good price, but check that the water pump is not on the cambelt system as if as the new belt will break the bearings soon and its back for a new belt etc and another 400..

we have the 3.0 chain [nissan] but prefer our older 2.5 Renault as its more economical and easier to self service.

ow yes ask for the old belt back unless you totally trust the garage, and check its off a Renault .

The job entails removing the drivers wheel,drive shaft and all the wheel arch to get to the belt.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramp
ask for the old belt back unless you totally trust the garage, and check its off a Renault .
Although 'genuine' manufacturer's parts may come in a box marked with their name, the item inside may not be. I bought a timing belt from Eurocarparts and it was a 'Dayco' belt. My son, who is a motor vehicle technician ( mekanik ) told me that the manufacturer's belts from his main dealership were also actually 'Dayco' inside the box.

Harvey
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 10:35

Personal Aire
Had ours done last month by a Renault Truck dealer/workshop. The van is based on a 2007 2.5litre engine. Cost was 280+VAT. They did a service and MOT at the same time which naturally cost a little extra (140+VAT).

The chassis is coming up to 5 years old in Feb, so I thought I should do it now.

Colin

No longer motorhoming due to illness, but always prepared to help by sharing any experience I may have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page