2007 Renault Master fault code question - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
2007 Renault Master fault code question

My 2007 Master (newer style) 150 has just started to show a fault on the instrument panel. It is the usual "Service" and glow plug lights lit and, on checking the fault code, it presents as fault P0120 - Throttle pedal position sensor problem. Otherwise, I can reset it, but the problem comes straight back. I have checked the wiring to ensure no dirty contacts on the plug/socket. There is no affect on performance and the van runs sweetly.

Can anyone throw any light on this as to what else might be causing it, before I commit to expensive checks/remedials at the local Renault dealer please?

Colin

No longer motorhoming due to illness, but always prepared to help by sharing any experience I may have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 16:34

sorry cant help with the codes, But like all Renaults they have muti codes for various things totally unrelated,

Take it the van runs okay? our old clio had a fault code turned out to be the heater plugs even though the mechanic said the EGR valve .

Have you tried a search on goggle as sometimes the renault forum throws up answers..

Worth a try trying to bribe the Renault truck mechanic with a few pints of beer in return for a quick look at their code book.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 20:10 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Thanks, but I have my own codes book, courtesy of Haynes Manuals - "Fault Codes" and my own code reader, but this one has me beat. I have also checked voltages all over the place and found no discernible fault. It looks as though the Renault Trucks Service place in Bristol is going to get a visit!

Spent ages trawling Google too and just thought someone else on here may have seen the problem before.

Colin

No longer motorhoming due to illness, but always prepared to help by sharing any experience I may have.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:39

I had to reset our service light after having a service at a non Renault Garage (it was only oil and filter) It was a combination of ignition on, footbrake on and three or four stabs on the throttle.
What is a code reader and where do you get one?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:22

Send a message via AIM to Richard_M Send a message via MSN to Richard_M Send a message via Yahoo to Richard_M
We have a 2007 Master ambulance at work (with 115,000 miles) and a dashboard full of warning lights. They have given up trying to get them to go off!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller_HA5_3DOM
I had to reset our service light after having a service at a non Renault Garage (it was only oil and filter) It was a combination of ignition on, footbrake on and three or four stabs on the throttle.
What is a code reader and where do you get one?
Thanks for the tip on resetting the service indicator. The code reader is available on Fleabay and I got mine from here. They are quite good as a first-line checker - I have used mine on both our cars, and our van plus many belonging to friends and relatives. Worth every penny. The codes can be found either in the Haynes "Fault Codes" manaul or online by googling.

Colin

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 11:30

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
Morning Cammillison

Although I am not a Commercial vehicle technician I have worked on Renault Cars for the last 30 years and this is a very common fault.

I wouldn't take too much notice of P0120 It's Renaults own DF codes you need and could be a red herring where Renaults are concerned. What this fault code is telling you, is that the ECU is seeing a difference in voltage when the throttle pedal is depressed. The set up is called (Fly by Wire) this means that there is no throttle cable and the acceleration is controlled electronically.

Firstly I would check the plug that is connected to the throttle pedal (Disconnect and carefully check the pins and clean) Then try to clear the faults. If the faults do not clear look for a white multi plug situated in/near the under bonnet fuse box (Disconnect and again check the pins and clean) if they have turned green and corroded cut out the multi plug and solder the wires. I think this will be where the fault is if not a red herring.

Regards

Dill
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 18:23 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill
Firstly I would check the plug that is connected to the throttle pedal (Disconnect and carefully check the pins and clean) Then try to clear the faults. If the faults do not clear look for a white multi plug situated in/near the under bonnet fuse box (Disconnect and again check the pins and clean) if they have turned green and corroded cut out the multi plug and solder the wires. I think this will be where the fault is if not a red herring.

Regards

Dill
I had already checked the condition of the three wire connector on the throttle pedal and the pins are clean and sound. As for the connector you mention - there isn't a multiplug anywhere near the fuse box under the bonnet. This is a Master II version launched in 2007. Could it be that you are referring to the previous model? Thanks anyway for your helpful tips - it looks as though Bristol Renault Trucks will be getting a visit.

Colin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page