Renault Master semi auto 6 speed slipping clutch - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-12-2010, 19:20 Thread Starter

Renault Master semi auto 6 speed slipping clutch

Hi -

I have a CI Cipro on a Renault Master 2.5 D with the 6 speed semi auto box.

Its a 2007 with 12k.

The box until now has been faultless, but on a long run this weekend when changing from 4th to 5th on the motorway the clutch has slipped when re engaging in auto allowing the revs to rise for a couple of seconds. This has always been when changing up.

On the return journey the fault didn't occur. I know this set up still utilises a clutch as opposed to a torque convertor.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if this could be 'sleepy van syndrome' as due to the snow and ice I haven't been able to run the van for several weeks and maybe there has been a build up of damp in the clutch that has caused corrosion / sticking?

Any thoughts as sods law the warranty has just expired!

Thanks

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 09:01

Hi John

Just picked up your original post as I have had a horrendus weekend when my quickshift gearbox stopped working on the N10 near Chartres in France.
Just would not go into gear
I hope it will be repatriated this week to the UK.

Anyone else had this experience?

Brian

Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one

http://verabrianfollowthesungodra.bl...mber-thru.html
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 16:22 Thread Starter

Hi Brian -
Hope you get back OK. I have subsequently sold our CI on the Renault Master.

I do recall that I could limit the amount of clutch slip by using the KG button on the dash which altered the point at which changes happened in fully auto mode. The only guidance I could find was that it was to be used when the vehicle was fully loaded.

I also recall reading somewhere that it had an ECU of its own which controlled the changes and that rebooting this could resolve issues. It did involve disconnecting it and was a dealer trick.

Mine never stopped engaging just slipped.

I am surprised they are bringing you back and not getting it sorted in France ?

Hope its sorted soon.

John

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 17:53

Thanks John for your comments.
I do hope its a computer fix at the dealers, the thought of the cost of a new clutch or whatever does't bear thinking about.

The recovery peoples rationale behind repatriation was that I was heading for the ferry on Sunday morning.
I would have also thought that it would be better to have if sorted in France where they make the things.

It took 6 rugby like Gendarmes to push us off the busy N10 as we were on a single lane heading through a small town.

Recovery took 40 mins from phone call to the loader arriving, that's the best bit. It then took 7 (seven) hours to get a hire car as the AA did not want to pay the hire company costs. A complete shower!

Its not very funny running around Rouen with my wife & large dog trying to find a hotel at 9.30 at night.

The van is still in France & will take anything up the 2 weeks to reach the dealer, then another set of problems arise.

Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one

http://verabrianfollowthesungodra.bl...mber-thru.html
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 18:05

Location: Morley Leeds, When in this lousy country, sat in my electric leather reclining chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade1889
Hi John

Just picked up your original post as I have had a horrendus weekend when my quickshift gearbox stopped working on the N10 near Chartres in France.
Just would not go into gear
I hope it will be repatriated this week to the UK.

Anyone else had this experience?

Brian

I had a problem in france in July.

Parked up for lunch 40 miles south of Dieppe for ferry, then would not start called Saga/AA tow truck arrived 20 mins later, he hot wired it & I followed him to a local garage. They charged me 50 euro claiming dirty terminals.

Next morning would not start again, saga/aa again this time they hit the starter with a long handled screwdriver to start.

Continued hitting the starter each time I stopped till I got home.

Sometimes whilst the engine was running and in neutral I was unable to select drive, I switched off the engine & restarted it and got gears ok.

Got home went to my local garage.

Now the engine will not start after leaving overnite till he hot wires it, then ok each time he turns it off & on including engaging gears ,till he leaves it a couple of hours then has to hot wire it again.

has had computer connected to it to which it came up with about 10 fault codes, which he then cleared down. I think it has got him confused, but he will not be beaten. I dont have any fault lights showing, most confused.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page