Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Renault (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/152-renault/)
-   -   broken down in Northern spain ( Pals nr estartit) (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/152-renault/73769-broken-down-northern-spain-pals-nr-estartit.html)

lucy2 29-08-2010 18:03

broken down in Northern spain ( Pals nr estartit)

I have a Renault DCI 120 with Quickshift Gearbox. When I engage 1st or reverse gear I have to press the brake pedal. Upon releasing the pedal I am getting a loud beeping noise which only stops if i slighty press the brake pedal. any ideas please

wilse 29-08-2010 18:13

My truck is the same, engine & box... but it's in storage...

IF you have your manual, have a read, somewhere in there is the reason to the beeping, it's something to do with your clutch,

I'll have a look to see if my manuals are at home, back in 15 mins :D

w

wilse 29-08-2010 18:23

You are in luck, found my books... :D

Audible warning

If you hold the vehicle on a slope for too long without applying the brakes or handbrake you will strain the system [risk overheating the clutch]

In this case, an intermittent beeping sound will remind you that should should put your foot on the brake pedal or apply the handbrake.

Never leave the vehicle with the engine running when in gear. For safety reasons you will hear an intermittent beeping sound when you open the door if you have not shifted into neutral or you have not switched off the ignition or depressed the brake pedal.

I have had the beeps once, after doing some really tight reversing.
Stopped it, started the engine a few hours later... all was good.

Have you actually broken down... does is not drive now?

Hopefully it will be good tomorrow??

Let us know.

w

lucy2 29-08-2010 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilse
You are in luck, found my books... :D

Audible warning

If you hold the vehicle on a slope for too long without applying the brakes or handbrake you will strain the system [risk overheating the clutch]

In this case, an intermittent beeping sound will remind you that should should put your foot on the brake pedal or apply the handbrake.

Never leave the vehicle with the engine running when in gear. For safety reasons you will hear an intermittent beeping sound when you open the door if you have not shifted into neutral or you have not switched off the ignition or depressed the brake pedal.

I have had the beeps once, after doing some really tight reversing.
Stopped it, started the engine a few hours later... all was good.

Have you actually broken down... does is not drive now?

Hopefully it will be good tomorrow??

Let us know.

w

Thanks for the quick reply, The noise 1st started as we left home ( leeds on thurs) I pulled up and wiggled the multi block on the top of the brake pedal the noise stopped. It never returned all the way through france into spain. It only started again as we reversed on to our camping pitch in spain yesterday (sat). I will mess with it again tomorrow.

Zebedee 29-08-2010 19:11

My friend Bernard is on a campsite at Pals, in his Lunar caravan.

He's no engineer but a very nice bloke, and would run you to a nearby garage if you were desperate.

I wonder if he's on the same site as you. Might be worth a wander round and check the registration numbers.

Dave :D

teemyob 29-08-2010 20:30

beeping

Have you tried the Driver and Passenger door switches?

TM

lucy2 29-08-2010 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee

He's no engineer but a very nice bloke, and would run you to a nearby garage if you were desperate.

I wonder if he's on the same site as you. Might be worth a wander round and check the registration numbers.

,many thanks will check it out tomorrow

lucy2 29-08-2010 21:09

Re: beeping

Quote:

Originally Posted by teemyob
Have you tried the Driver and Passenger door switches?

TM

thanks will check it out tomorrow

Euramobilly 29-08-2010 22:33

It sounds like it could be a faulty brake pedal switch. These days it is used to do more things than just work the stop lights. For some reason they still insist on making them of poor quality plastic on most vehicles so they often cause trouble. When you wiggle the connections you are moving the contacts inside and temporarily fixing the problem.

They only cost about £15 and are easy to fit once you know how so worth a punt if you want to avoid towing etc. Don't be tempted to bridge the switch out as you might have done a few years ago, the rules are different with modern 'multiplexed' wiring.

lucy2 30-08-2010 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee

Good morning dave, I have been round our campsite this am found a Lunar Caravan with a English Citreon but the very nice man was not called Bernard, The other site is up the road about 2 miles its called Cypsella but nobody gets in without a pass no even vistors or use of the restaurant we have stayed there many time before, its a bit like Stalag,. I think I have sorted the problem, the pin switch on the drivers door was sticking.