Renault Warranty - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 14:35

Our Renault Master is just under 21/2 years old and we had a warranty job done 2 weeks ago.

Motrhomer2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 14:45

[quote="motorhomer2"]Our Renault Master is just under 21/2 years old and we had a warranty job done 2 weeks ago.

Motrhomer2

Thanks for that . Was the warranty work done under the Motorhome Dealer or Renault ,
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 16:38

[quote="stagman"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomer2
Our Renault Master is just under 21/2 years old and we had a warranty job done 2 weeks ago.

Motrhomer2

Thanks for that . Was the warranty work done under the Motorhome Dealer or Renault ,
Hello stagman

We used the Renault dealer for the Southampton area listed in their handbook that came with the vehicle. To be quite honest we expected to be charged but when we rang them initially, they told us it would be done under warranty. Well pleased with the prompt service. They even had to order the part. All done in less than a working week from contacting them

Motorhomer

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 16:46

Confused

I've just purchased an Adria Vision A Class Motorhome which is on the Renault Master and I was assured by the dealer at the warranty began when I registered the vehicle.

If this is not so, then I will be contacting him on Wednesday and cancelling the order immediately. I'm not going to spend £60,000 for this to happen.

I'll keep you posted.

Jack the Rev
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 17:06 Thread Starter

Re: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktherev
I've just purchased an Adria Vision A Class Motorhome which is on the Renault Master and I was assured by the dealer at the warranty began when I registered the vehicle.

If this is not so, then I will be contacting him on Wednesday and cancelling the order immediately. I'm not going to spend £60,000 for this to happen.

I'll keep you posted.

Jack the Rev
It does happen but you have to ensure all the necessary hoops are leapt through.

The problem is m/homes pass through many hands between chassis manufacturer and final buyer and the sale/registration process is not as straightforward as it is with a car or standard van.

Renault trucks set the warranty running when they deliver the chassis to the converter.

On sale the supplying dealer and the importer are supposed to confirm the actual date of registration back up the chain for the start date to be reset but sometimes the message gets garbled or just goes missing.

As there are many more of them registered the Fiat system for doing all this is quite well established - for the less common Renaults it doesn't always seem to work so well.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 17:33

Renault Warranty

I had the same problem with Renault UK , went to my Renault Truck dealer in Scunthorpe and he had no problem resetting the date to the reg date .
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 19:23

Hi,
Any warranty problems write or phone the address below

Renualt UK
Rivers Office Park
Denham Way
Maple Cross
Rickmansworth
WD3 9YS 01923 895000

I bought a new Master van believing it had 2 years warranty, 2 months later out for the first time in rain the window wiper rubbers started to break up, visited Renault who informed me the warranty had expired 11 days after I took delivery.

I had to sort most of it myself by dealing with the address above who gave me 2 years from registration.

It has the 3litre Japanese engine (steel timing chain) and 15,000 miles latter no problems, it is a pity they spoil their image with the warranty problem caused in my case by the dealer not disclosing the problem.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 14:59

Warranty FIAT

Hi Folks
It is with interest I am following this thread. I Have a Burstner Aviano I purchased second hand from an owner in N Ireland last July '09. It was registered in NI in Sep '08. Yesterday, following a lube check and service (8500miles) in Dublin, I asked when the warranty was effective until and imagine my shock at being told it had expired in Mar '10!

Has anyone in Ireland had dealings with FIAT Ireland and will they extend the warranty to begin on date of first registration. Does FIAT Ireland also automatically increase the warranty by an extra year at end of year 2 as mentioned in another thread here.

I would appreciate your experiences.

shaysue
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-04-2010, 20:01

Warranty FIAT

I guess this should have been under the FIAT discussion forum. I contacted FIAT IE and within 2 days they had reset my warranty to reflect 2 years from first registration. Now I hope I don't have any problems requiring warranty work!
Shaysue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page