Renault Warranty - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 13-09-2009, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanner
I foresee a visit to the Renault stand at the NEC ..........................
Don't blame you, although I bet it will be wasted breath!!

However good Renault may be, they are not perfect, and short-changing on the warranty seems like a pretty stupid game to me.

39,000 potential customers may well read this thread, and for the sake of just playing fair Messrs Renault could easily lose a lot of trade . . . especially when many people are shying away from Fiat and looking for an alternative.

Very silly and short sighted.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 13-09-2009, 17:56

I had reason to speak to Renault dealer in Eastbourne regarding fuel gauge last week.

He looked at vehicle details on his computer and told me it was under warranty.

It will be three years old from registration on the 19th October this year and the dealer agreed this date.

Dealer is "Lifestyle"

Yes I have booked its first MOT test.

Alec
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 13-09-2009, 18:56 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemo
I had reason to speak to Renault dealer in Eastbourne regarding fuel gauge last week.

He looked at vehicle details on his computer and told me it was under warranty.

It will be three years old from registration on the 19th October this year and the dealer agreed this date.

Dealer is "Lifestyle"

Yes I have booked its first MOT test.

Alec
Is that a Master or a Trafic?

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 24-09-2009, 12:00

I had my Traffic in for service with the Renault dealer two days before warrenty ran out taking it from when I picked the van up from the converter and they replaced somthing (not exactly sure what) that was making a noise on starting up with no issue at all.

I have been very pleased with the service I have recived I also have had the gear box changed when it started graunching when trying to go into first if not stationary. If it was not under waranty I would undoutedly still be driving with it...

Ifor
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 24-09-2009, 15:17

I remember reading some previous threads about Renault waranty. It seems that some Masters are supplied by Renault and some by Renault Trucks and I think the main point was that they had different dealerships and were in effect different companies. I don't know if this has any relevance to this thread: please ignore if not.

Harvey
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 17:53

The supplying dealer should contact Renault and arrange for the warranty to start on the day you take delivery of the new vehicle. My base vehicle chassis went to Knaus in Dec 2006 and I took delivery in 2007. I checked with Renault and, sure enough, the warranty was from Dec 2006. Spoke with Lowdham and they chased through appropriate channels and got it amended to July 2007.
Get on to the supplying dealer.

Richard.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 18:14 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutuseful
The supplying dealer should contact Renault and arrange for the warranty to start on the day you take delivery of the new vehicle. My base vehicle chassis went to Knaus in Dec 2006 and I took delivery in 2007. I checked with Renault and, sure enough, the warranty was from Dec 2006. Spoke with Lowdham and they chased through appropriate channels and got it amended to July 2007.
Get on to the supplying dealer.

Richard.
Thanks

Yes that should have happened, but it seems to have "got lost in the system" CI have now chased it up for me. It all has to be done in Italy where the chassis was supplied.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 23-03-2010, 23:30

I had guarantee work done on my van 1 year and 11months after I bought it. so it must have been a two guarantee from the date of purchase.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallytrafic
My Renault was rest to the date of first registration. When I had a failure just after the warrantee ended I jokingly said that its a pity it wasn't reset to the day I picked up the vehicle (Three weeks later) then it would have been covered - so they did there and then on the computer and my exhaust gas valve was replaced FOC.
Hi . I have an Autotrail Miami on a Renault Master 2.5 DCI . When I purchased the van secondhand with only 500 mls on the clock ,I was told it had 3yrs Manufactors Warranty , base and habitation .Checked the documents and all looked ok.
To cut a long story short when I contacted Renault for some warranty work , they informed me that it had just run out . Saying my van only had 2yrs instead of the 3yrs I thought I had .Reason being if it was an UK supplied van there would be 3yrs but my base vehicle had come from Cyprus and therefore classed as an import , so I would only get 2yrs . If it had been a Fiat Base from Autotrail I would have had 3yrs on the base , and that's where the salesman got it wrong .
Another matter could you tell me what where the symptoms to your faulty exhaust gas valve ,Thanks
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 14:18

If you have a problem close to the Fiat warrantee finishing it is worth contacting them and getting it registered. If you don't they wont want to know.

Safariboy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page