turning off 'service' / spanner light - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2009, 22:07 Thread Starter

turning off 'service' / spanner light

Hi everyone! hope you can help. Just spent a decent amount of money to get our motorhome Renault master (07) serviced at a renault dealership, because we've just got back from 15000 miles round europe , and the 'spanner' service light was lit.. It has been returned to us .. and the light is still lit! The mechanic tells us this won't go off until it is closer to it's actual time for needing a service (why did the light come on if it wasn't to tell us it needed a service!! ). I don't believe him! So, should I take it back & tell them to sort it or does anyone know how I might sort it myself (can't read manual as it is in German 'cause we imported it). Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2009, 22:20

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Get the dealership to do it.It took 2 mechanics 2 hours to turn off the light on my new Merc.based van at Hymer uk because it was over 1 year from when the van was first started from new to the time I took delivery.
tony
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2009, 22:40

My Motorhome: Elddis Autoquest Firestorm 140
Personal Aire
I thought it was just a CPU thing. They connect up and reset it with a laptop. It is on my car anyway.

As you were soldier!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2009, 22:46 Thread Starter

I have a feeling the inability to turn off the light might be linked to the fact we picked up the 'van at 5pm, it wasn't finished, they shut at 5.30pm, and at about 5.35pm the mechanic said it couldn't be turned off... or am I doing them a disservice?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2009, 22:49

Had a similar problem with my Ducato - the mechanics didn't know how to turn off the spanner. It was in the owner's manual all the time so I did it myself. You have to hold a button in for five seconds or so on the Fiat.

And I blame Mrs Roy for never reading manuals.

Dr (musical, not medical)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 14-01-2009, 23:52

Hi

Try holding in the odometer reset and turning the ignition on....that is how you reset a Ford. It may work on yours

doug
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 15-01-2009, 08:27

Have you read you manual? There might be an easy solution. On a Transit for example you turn on the ignition and keep each foot on the brake and accelerator pedals simultaneously for 30 seconds. And it seems there is an even simpler solution with a Fiat.

There is a Renault van forum-Google it. If its as good as the Transit forum you'll get a reply very quickly.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 15-01-2009, 09:23

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
On the service schedule there should be an item called reset service indicator. If they haven't ticked it then your service is not complete, take it back.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 15-01-2009, 10:27

I have checked my handbook and it says "If the SERV warning light comes on, you should visit a RENAULT Dealer immediately".

It would seem that your dealer has not done all that he should, Go back and tell hom to do the job properly.

Alec
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 15-01-2009, 15:22

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Hello NissanNed,
My VW spanner light came on as it had been stored most of last year and it was just indicating I needed a 12 month service.

I looked on Google and found the instructions to reset the light by various ign opperations while pushing the speedo reset buttons.
But I'm sorry I don't have the website as I downloaded and copied only the VW process.

Ray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page