Cruise control with Renault Quickshift gearbox - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 17:10 Thread Starter

Cruise control with Renault Quickshift gearbox

I have had cruise control on vehicles with manual and fully automatic gearboxes.

With a fully automatic gear boxes the cruise control remains set whilst the gearbox moves up and down gears and only dropped out if the brakes were applied, the speed became too low or if it was manually switched off.

With a manual gear box the cruise control dropped out if the brakes were applied, the clutch pedal depressed, the speed became too low or if it was manually switched off. This meant that gear changes cannot be made whilst the control is engaged.

What happens with a vehicle fitted with the Quickshift gear box and cruise control? Will the control remain set when the vehicle changes gear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 15-06-2009, 23:57

Bit late to answer but I have just had CC fitted to a Renault with a Quickshift box and it works well.

It just accelerates back up to the set speed, changing gear as it goes - you can even (should you want to) use manual mode and do the changing yourself.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 16-06-2009, 06:47

Stanner

Was this retrofitted...? or was it added when you ordered your truck?

We've just bought a renault master with quickshift6 and I'd love cruise.

wilse

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 16-06-2009, 09:08

Retrofitted - OEM cruise on a Master is a factory only option, I tried 2 different main dealers and both told me the same.

This is the one I've got.
http://www.sempal.co.uk/acatalog/SPA...L_SYSTEMS.html

The 2 memory version.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 16-06-2009, 09:11

Location: Morley Leeds, When in this lousy country, sat in my electric leather reclining chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanner
Bit late to answer but I have just had CC fitted to a Renault with a Quickshift box and it works well.

It just accelerates back up to the set speed, changing gear as it goes - you can even (should you want to) use manual mode and do the changing yourself.
I bought my Renault Lunar with quickshift 3 years ( 21000 miles ago) I had my Cruise fitted after purchase by Transleisure no problems at all, use it all the time, am in france at moment after Le Mans great for europe use.I set it at 60mph, 2100 revs ideal for all conditions have a camos on roof 29mpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page