Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Renault (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/152-renault/)
-   -   Help! Hazard warning lights won't turn off. (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/152-renault/202490-help-hazard-warning-lights-wont-turn-off.html)

ChrisandJohn 30-12-2016 20:52

Help! Hazard warning lights won't turn off.

We've just arrived back, having been out for the day, and found the motorhome flashing it's warning lights. We tried turning the alarm on and off, and also tried to turn it off by using the hazard warning button, but none of these worked. We have a Knaus Sun Ti 06 reg on a Renault Master, Any suggestions please?

Chris

Gretchibald 30-12-2016 22:00

Maybe no help , but in my case if the battery drops below 12volts the alarm flashers etc comes on if I try to start the vehicle. Sometimes taking a lead off the battery and on again after a few minutes will reset everything.

caulkhead 30-12-2016 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisandJohn (Post 2403410)
We've just arrived back, having been out for the day, and found the motorhome flashing it's warning lights. We tried turning the alarm on and off, and also tried to turn it off by using the hazard warning button, but none of these worked. We have a Knaus Sun Ti 06 reg on a Renault Master, Any suggestions please?

Chris

Had similar problem with my Renault Master. Do you have a wiring loom under the driver's seat? If you do, there should be a connector block. Disconnect the connector block and then re-connect. It solved the problem for me!

Penquin 30-12-2016 22:15

It could be due to a fault in the battery circuit, is there anyway that you can locate and remove albeit temporarily, the relevant fuse?

It will be one of the base vehicle fuses, not connected to the leisure battery circuits, the handbook may help you to locate the specific location, I hope that helps, or at least stops the flashing until you can identify the reason why it is doing it....

Dave

Spacerunner 30-12-2016 23:54

Just disconnect the starter battery, wait a few minutes then reconnect. This will reboot the ECU and should remedy the problem.

ChrisandJohn 10-01-2017 21:25

Have been so busy lately, with friends staying, trying to organise a house move and dealing with yet another motorhome problem, that I've not replied before or thanked people for their attempts to help with this one.

John tried to find ways to sort it himself but eventually, in the morning, rang our breakdown service. They sent someone from the RAC as it wouldn't have been possible (legally) to drive with the hazard warning lights still flashing. RAC man prised out the hazard warning switch and the flashing stopped. It was suggested that we ring our alarm fitter, which we did, but they didn't feel the alarm had anything to do with the problem.

It was New Years Eve but John was able to make arrangements with our nearest Renault garage to go over when they reopened on the Tuesday and get a new hazard warning switch fitted. All sorted.

Thanks anyway for the efforts, it is really appreciated that you're all there.

Chris

Penquin 11-01-2017 10:19

IMO it is always really useful when someone explains how the problem was sorted, thanks for the update, glad it's no longer flashing away....

Dave

nicholsong 11-01-2017 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penquin (Post 2421865)
IMO it is always really useful when someone explains how the problem was sorted, thanks for the update, glad it's no longer flashing away....

Dave

Agreed

Also we do not want 'flashers' on a family forum like this.:laugh:

Geoff

Pudsey_Bear 11-01-2017 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholsong (Post 2421897)
Agreed

Also we do not want 'flashers' on a family forum like this.:laugh:

Geoff

Depends on who it is, age gender etc >:) >:)

Penquin 11-01-2017 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz (Post 2421937)
Depends on who it is, age gender etc >:) >:)

Disagree Kev, the thought of any such visual disturbance would probably be enough to put you off you Muesli.......

Flashing lights can also upset some people - hence the BBC warnings.....

Nah, that would not be good on here..... :frown2: