clutch slip 1984 trafic - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 15:58 Thread Starter

clutch slip 1984 trafic

Hi, I think the clutch is slipping on my trafic, does anyone have diagrams of where the cable is adjusted at. I have been looking online for a workshop manual but haven't been able to find one as yet. If you know where I can get a decent manual or just a diagram where to adjust the cable for now I'd be grateful.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 16:56

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
If you look under the bonnet you should be able to follow the clutch cable from where it goes through the bulkhead down to the clutch end. The adjustment will be on the gearbox end. If it is slipping and adjustment makes no difference you need to get it sorted soonest as otherwise you will knacker the flywheel, which will increase the cost considerably.

Are you sure it's cable operated and not hydraulic??

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if itís in a caravan!) I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 18:31 Thread Starter

Thanks mrplod.
No I'm not sure it's cable or hydraulic, I just assumed cable because of it's age.
I'm no mechanic but will always have a go if I can, that's why I really want some sort of workshop manual. Can only find diesel one by Haynes.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 18:44

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Pop along to your local garage (small independant type NOT a big one or main agents) and ask them to have a look for you. I don't think they will charge much (if anything) just to have a quick look and give you a bit of advice!

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if itís in a caravan!) I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 21:17

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Hydraulic, this site advertises replacement master cylinders, could be an issue with it or the slave cylinder. Maybe just need bleeding or seals.

http://www.rockauto.co.uk/catalog/x,...,parttype,1996

Also try the Renault Owners forum for info.

Good luck

Terry
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 25-01-2015, 17:16

Clutch slip

Hi if it's hydraulic operated, failure of the master or slave cylinder is likely to cause problems disengaging the clutch rather than it slipping. You could check the vent in the cap on the master cylinder to make sure there is no pressure build up but I would think it unlikely to be the cause. Remember a Motorhome spends its life fully or (overloaded) so the clutch has to work hard. You don't say how long you have had the van or how many miles it has done.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 19:59 Thread Starter

Thanks for all your tips. I think I'll pop to my local friendly garage like mrplodd suggested,they helped me before for free when I had electrical problems.

I still want to get a service/workshop manual, if anyone knows where I can get one its a 1984 petrol 1647cc trafic autosleeper (T1000 i think) it would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page