Service Intervals for Renault Master (2009-2.5 Turbo) - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-08-2013, 19:20 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Service Intervals for Renault Master (2009-2.5 Turbo)

Hi All,

I have just bought a Devon Provence on the Renault Master 2.5 Turbo.

The previous (only) owner had it serviced at Johns Cross at 4,500 miles at about 18 months old, and again at Johns Cross at 7,800 miles last September. So, its been well looked after mechanically (oh and habitation service also done by Johns Cross at same time as mechanical services)

However, I cant tell from the service handbook what the official service intervals are. Its complete goboldygook to me with no mention of the Master anywhere in the list of Renault vehicles.

Does anyone know what the service intervals should be? ie should it be done every year regardless of mileage?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Caulkhead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-08-2013, 21:37 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Bump
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-08-2013, 21:49

Does your book not say what the oil change mileage is?
All the service industry will advise an annual service but in practice there is so little annual mileage that it is wasteful in the extreme.
It's likely that with full synthetic oil that you are good for in excess of 10,000 miles easily.
Warranty issues may be in play on newer vans.

Andy
My Aire galleries HERE
Use of the tab will get you more answers

Excusez-moi si mon message est perdu dans la traduction

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-08-2013, 22:03

The question IS
Do you want servicing for stamps in your book so it might have a better re sale value?
OR do you want it servicing when it needs it?

My experience is that stamps in the book and receipts count for nothing especially when it is badly done and even if it is actually done at all even though charged for.

Personally I do my own and when I feel it is due I don't do annual it's just ridiculous on modern vehicles with low mileages.

My 4 year old Berlingo van for example
35k miles now
I've changed the oil and filters at 15k miles so 2 services. Citroen say 20k miles
Still original brake pads and spark plugs
MOT at 3yrs on modern vehicles is stupid, tester said it's a good car!! end of.
I have NO stamps in my book. The resale value will be no worse. I am happy that it runs as smooth as the day I bought it. Possibly run better because a garage has not touched it

Andy
My Aire galleries HERE
Use of the tab will get you more answers

Excusez-moi si mon message est perdu dans la traduction
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-08-2013, 22:21

18,000 miles or 2 years.

And do as I do and use a Renault TRUCK dealer, not the car dealer network, as they usually use Masters for their 24hr Breakdown vans and know more about them (and their engines) than car dealers.

edit
http://www.renault-trucks.net/sparks-portsmouth
http://www.renault-trucks.net/sparks-southampton
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-08-2013, 08:42

Personal Aire
Another vote for Renault TRUCK dealer service departments. Our 2007 van was partially laid up and only did just under 1,000 miles one year. I took it for a service and MOT, and the service manager said "Service not needed - we'll just drain any water off the fuel filter, maybe change it if too much water, and drive it for about 10 miles with the handbrake partially on to clean the rear discs". Sure enough, invoiced for an MOT, and fuel filter, no labour. Couldn't have been fairer.

Colin

No longer motorhoming due to illness, but always prepared to help by sharing any experience I may have.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-08-2013, 09:09

My Motorhome: Adria vision I707SG
I personally wouldn't leave pass a year to change oil and filters, no matter what mile I do, on the master 2500 the water cooled and oil feed turbo have problems coaking up, oil and filters are a very small price to pay IMHO once a year, I have spent my life in the motor trade and watch the manufactures increase there time between service because of better oils , again IMO to the detriment of the engine long term,

I have seen a increase in Turbos/camshaft/ hydraulic lifters/ timing chain tensioners and many other components that need replacing all because the owners thought the manufacturer knew best, but the manufacturer won't pick up the bill 5 years down the line,

Change oil and filter once a year! It's costs are peanuts in comparison to your motor home costs,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page