Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   VW Chassis (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/151-vw-chassis/)
-   -   Mercedes - VW Partnership may be coming to an end! (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/151-vw-chassis/112233-mercedes-vw-partnership-may-coming-end.html)

teemyob 04-07-2013 21:24

Mercedes - VW Partnership may be coming to an end!

As published here

We all know that with the exception the engines, transmissions and esthetical differences Crafter and Sprinter are otherwise the same chassis.

"VW wants to end cooperation with Mercedes commercial vehicles"

"With the truck manufacturer MAN Wolfsburg could have an internal family alternative".

"The ongoing negotiations on the future of reaching by 2016 at the latest"

TM

Pudsey_Bear 05-07-2013 07:42

It'll be good to have another alternative, I wonder if VW will go for a wider body to take sales from Seval.

cabby 05-07-2013 11:04

Yes I would go for a VW as apposed to the Fiat. We had a Swift Royal 635 on a VW LT chassis on a 1996 plate, had the 5 cyl. engine, sweet as a nut around Europe.

cabby

GROUNDHOG 05-07-2013 12:47

The more choice the better, in the USA and Canada the Merc Sprinter is also a Dodge! Me too for a VW over a Fiat.

locrep 05-07-2013 14:56

Iveco engined van for me every time.

I have seen some Crafters badged as MAN in Africa.

Hope the parts are not MAN priced, their trucks are very expensive spares wise.

Dave..

teemyob 05-07-2013 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by GROUNDHOG
The more choice the better, in the USA and Canada the Merc Sprinter is also a Dodge! Me too for a VW over a Fiat.

Dodge branding now drooped in North America. They are now badged Mercedes and there is a new group of dealerships part of MBUSA.

Freight liner branding of Sprinter in Canada is going too.

TM

teemyob 06-10-2013 00:38

It is ture

Only 3 years left......

iNfo Here

1302 06-10-2013 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz
It'll be good to have another alternative, I wonder if VW will go for a wider body to take sales from Seval.

I hope so....

1302 06-10-2013 01:13

Quote:

I hope so....

teemyob 06-10-2013 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1302
Quote:

I hope so....

MB May do the same!