Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Ducato 2.3JTD BHP query

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Bagshanty 
#1 ·
How do I find out out what the brake horse power of my Ducato 2.3JTD is?

I bought a Turbotune kit at the NEC, which fitted in 5 minutes, and does indeed improve fill climbing ability (www.energytuning.co.uk).

I have just rung Saga to let my insurer know, and they had no idea what I was talking about. All they said was that I had to tell them what my existing BHP is, and what the BHP is after fitting.

How do I find this out?

#2 ·
The only accurate way to find out actual BHP is to put the vehicle on a chassis dynamometer, if you can find one that will accept your van. I believe there are some mobile services available which might be able to help. You would need to check with & without the tuning kit fitted.

#4 ·
Bagshanty said:
How do I find out out what the brake horse power of my Ducato 2.3JTD is?

I bought a Turbotune kit at the NEC, which fitted in 5 minutes, and does indeed improve fill climbing ability (www.energytuning.co.uk).

I have just rung Saga to let my insurer know, and they had no idea what I was talking about. All they said was that I had to tell them what my existing BHP is, and what the BHP is after fitting.

How do I find this out?
The standard 2.3JTD is 110 PS which is near enough the same as BHP I think. You would have to find out what performance improvement was claimed from Energy Tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.