Fiat Water Ingress - Fiat Solution - Page 8 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4JC
I am really disappointed about all this. I cannot fault the Swift aspect of the MH, but the Fiat part is taking the edge of it big time.
Exactly how I feel about our Chausson.

And Spaceflower ( ) - I can understand Fiat's point about phased recalls, but what they don't say is what we're supposed to do in the meantime. Our friends in Somerset have had another email from me overnight, asking this exact question, and I feel it's up to them to find out for me.

The problem with people going to the Fiat helpline directly (and it's perfectly understandable) is that the dealers and motorhome manufacturers don't realise how many people are aware of this problem, and how important it is that we consider that it should be addressed quickly. The bigger the people are hassling Fiat, the more they're likely to do something now rather than (much) later.

And did I read somewhere that brand new Swifts are now appearing with mods done to them? How did this happen? Peter? Are you there? So far, the only mod we've seen was the one done by Brownhills, and we have no idea whether this was official or a Brownhills job. If it's the latter, then surely our dealers should now be in a position to do likewise.

And finally (Esther ...) I'll bet all the Ducato-based motorhomes being shown at the NEC next week have shiny new injector covers and sealed scuttles to show off, and Fiat will say "Leak? No, we fixed that ages ago."

Gerald

Peter (SwiftGroup) - our posts overlapped

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:39

Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldandannie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4JC
I am really disappointed about all this. I cannot fault the Swift aspect of the MH, but the Fiat part is taking the edge of it big time.
Exactly how I feel about our Chausson.

And Spaceflower ( ) - I can understand Fiat's point about phased recalls, but what they don't say is what we're supposed to do in the meantime. Our friends in Somerset have had another email from me overnight, asking this exact question, and I feel it's up to them to find out for me.

The problem with people going to the Fiat helpline directly (and it's perfectly understandable) is that the dealers and motorhome manufacturers don't realise how many people are aware of this problem, and how important it is that we consider that it should be addressed quickly. The bigger the people are hassling Fiat, the more they're likely to do something now rather than (much) later.

And did I read somewhere that brand new Swifts are now appearing with mods done to them? How did this happen? Peter? Are you there? So far, the only mod we've seen was the one done by Brownhills, and we have no idea whether this was official or a Brownhills job. If it's the latter, then surely our dealers should now be in a position to do likewise.

And finally (Esther ...) I'll bet all the Ducato-based motorhomes being shown at the NEC next week have shiny new injector covers and sealed scuttles to show off, and Fiat will say "Leak? No, we fixed that ages ago."

Gerald

Peter (SwiftGroup) - our posts overlapped
Gerald,you guessed right all our product will have covers and I suspect other manufacturers will have them as well!There is no official fix for the gutter but we have something on test now for the sealing,camber and small drain hole problem I also believe our competitors are monitoring the sight so that will get them motivated to do the same????Peter.
post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:55

My Motorhome: Bailey Advance 665
Here's a pic of the 100BHP cover Peter sent me recently

and the 3L cover i

post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 13:05

Pretty much echo much of the above,
But has anyone got the letter fromFiat yet????
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page