Motorhome Facts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiat Water Ingress - Fiat Solution

85K views 73 replies 22 participants last post by  1happy 
#1 ·
This information is published courtesy of Fiat UK (and thx to Swift for the fast information)

As dedicated Fiat professional teams in Italy and UK we are aware of some customer complaints regarding water ingress into the engine compartment which is causing concern. Although this is unsightly there is no adverse short or long term technical effect on the operation of the engine or associated components.

However, understanding our customers concerns, Fiat have developed a solution to this problem that addresses both the cause and effect.

For more information we kindly ask you to call our dedicated motorhome customer care centre from Monday 1st October on 00800 3428 1111 or 0039 0244412160.

We apologise for the delay in resolving this issue but this has been due to the time required for testing and approving the solution and having the necessary parts available in order to put this into effect.

We will ensure that every motorhome affected is completely rectified in order that you may continue to enjoy your Fiat motorhome experience.

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote--I still think we should all make a point of going to the Fiat stall at the NEC and LOUDLY expressing our disatisfaction! Stand 3100!

I hope that this action will not cause repercussions for Peter of Swift. Fiat's action has been brought about due to his input.

#4 ·
Fiat

rowley said:
Quote--I still think we should all make a point of going to the Fiat stall at the NEC and LOUDLY expressing our disatisfaction! Stand 3100!

I hope that this action will not cause repercussions for Peter of Swift. Fiat's action has been brought about due to his input.
I will gladly arrange a meeting between Fiat and anyone who wants to discuss their frustration but I suggest you will get alot more from them if we could keep it to small groups and you put your points forward in a measured way.I believe they will put everything right to your satisfaction.Peter.

#5 ·
Hopefully Fiat would not be so narrow minded :!: However what happens to the repercussions for the 250,000 vans currently either in circulation or being built and their owners caught up in a situation not of their own making and not exactly being supported by Fiat. As for peter swift hopefully the repercussions for him will be base vehicles which are completely water tight the way they should have been in the first place and he can get on with building vans not chasing after Fiat to address a situation that frankly should never have arisen in the first place :!: Nor should it have taken the poor souls involvement to get Fiat to actually listen to the people who actually buy their product.
So everyone is still greatful for swifts help, not out to cause him problems as he has been one lifeline in the 'saga' but need to protect our own interests as well.

#7 ·
carolgavin said:
Hopefully Fiat would not be so narrow minded :!: However what happens to the repercussions for the 250,000 vans currently either in circulation or being built and their owners caught up in a situation not of their own making and not exactly being supported by Fiat. As for peter swift hopefully the repercussions for him will be base vehicles which are completely water tight the way they should have been in the first place and he can get on with building vans not chasing after Fiat to address a situation that frankly should never have arisen in the first place :!: Nor should it have taken the poor souls involvement to get Fiat to actually listen to the people who actually buy their product.
So everyone is still greatful for swifts help, not out to cause him problems as he has been one lifeline in the 'saga' but need to protect our own interests as well.
You wont cause me problems ,you all have a right to complain and so do I but I feel that you might turn up on the Fiat stand and speak to someone from Fiat uk who wont be able to do a lot which will be more frustrating or better still would be to arrange to talk to someone from Italy.Carol I am sorry I cant help you more but as I have said before I am sure Peugeot will follow what Fiat have done????????????Peter.

#8 ·
SwiftGroup said:
carolgavin said:
You wont cause me problems ,you all have a right to complain and so do I but I feel that you might turn up on the Fiat stand and speak to someone from Fiat uk who wont be able to do a lot which will be more frustrating or better still would be to arrange to talk to someone from Italy.Carol I am sorry I cant help you more but as I have said before I am sure Peugeot will follow what Fiat have done????????????Peter.
Hi again peter you may of course be correct and probably are but i suppose there is nothing more embarrasing for a company than alot of disgruntled customers turning up and telling people of their experiences :roll:
Don't worry re peugeot you have surely done enough getting Fiat organised without taking on the french farce as well.
I have a 'crack team' from Peugeot visiting me next week for tea, cakes and a cosy wee chat he he he!!!

#9 ·
carolgavin said:
SwiftGroup said:
carolgavin said:
Hi again peter you may of course be correct and probably are but i suppose there is nothing more embarrasing for a company than alot of disgruntled customers turning up and telling people of their experiences :roll:
Don't worry re peugeot you have surely done enough getting Fiat organised without taking on the french farce as well.
I have a 'crack team' from Peugeot visiting me next week for tea, cakes and a cosy wee chat he he he!!!
i hope your not taking 'drugs'?Peter

#10 ·
SwiftGroup said:
carolgavin said:
SwiftGroup said:
carolgavin said:
i hope your not taking 'drugs'?Peter
Not yet Peter not yet!! Will have to see what the team says, mind you the drugs are an idea :idea: for the cakes might get them seeing things my way :lol: :lol:
See, what a help you've been again without even trying, will let you know how things go :!: :!: :!:

#11 ·
nukeadmin said:
This information is published courtesy of Fiat UK (and thx to Swift for the fast information)
As dedicated Fiat professional teams in Italy and UK we are aware of some customer complaints regarding water ingress into the engine compartment which is causing concern. Although this is unsightly there is no adverse short or long term technical effect on the operation of the engine or associated components.

However, understanding our customers concerns, Fiat have developed a solution to this problem that addresses both the cause and effect.

For more information we kindly ask you to call our dedicated motorhome customer care centre from Monday 1st October on 00800 3428 1111 or 0039 0244412160.

We apologise for the delay in resolving this issue but this has been due to the time required for testing and approving the solution and having the necessary parts available in order to put this into effect.

We will ensure that every motorhome affected is completely rectified in order that you may continue to enjoy your Fiat motorhome experience.
Having restrained myself for a few days(Without the aid of straightjacket before anyone asks) :lol:
I am pleased to see the above "announcement" and although a touch sceptical at some of the wording :roll:
I will be one of the 1st to say roll on Monday and lets see what is on offer. :!:
I desperately hope it is a well thought out solution worthy of the time it has taken to come up with it.
1happy

#12 ·
1happy said:
nukeadmin said:

Having restrained myself for a few days(Without the aid of straightjacket before anyone asks) :lol:
I am pleased to see the above "announcement" and although a touch sceptical at some of the wording :roll:
I will be one of the 1st to say roll on Monday and lets see what is on offer. :!:
I desperately hope it is a well thought out solution worthy of the time it has taken to come up with it.
1happy
Here Here!

#13 ·
Water feature

I can't help thinking of the lovely Fiat van they had at the NEC last year stripped to the bare bones and designed especially for motorhomes. Had there been lots of people complaining about the added water feature every time i passed, I'm not sure i would have invested £40,000 plus in it!

Sorry Swift, I love your part of the MH, I don't think it could be beaten on layout and quality, but having seen VERY similar Lunar models based on the Renault Master which I had without a single fault for a year before the Fiat, I personally would recommend folks to go for the Lunar until this water feature is well and truly sorted and with hindsight that what i would have have done!

I just hope that I will be able to come back on here in a months time and be able to FULLY endorse the Fiat/Swift package!
Barry

#18 ·
I don't know how FIAT can state (I take it that is what they mean) that the rusting from the water ingress although unsightly doesn't affect anything!!

we have had MHF members posting that they have had problems: ie: injectors having to be replaced from persihing after water collecting at injector sites!

Another member was running on 3 cylinders only in Eastern Europe and Fiat on his return said injector had to be replaced and told it was most propably due to the water ingress.

They are just two that spring to mind!

#19 ·
nukeadmin said:

Hi.
Rang the customer care centre this am - -They said contact authorised agents as they have been told what to do !
Rang said Garage straight away - -They said they would check and ring me back.
Garage rang back four and a half hours later! - -They say nothing on the "bulletin boards" & its still a case of sealant--Queried "no bonding or anything other than the already much failed sealant" fix, Confirmed no nothing new! & done all he could to check for the latest news.
Rang "dedicated motorhome customer care centre" again - - and asked what are you currently advising garages as I had been lead to believe that there was news on this issue? advisor advised letter going out shortly!
.......enough phone tennis for one day........so I say this..............
Re the above statement on Friday - -"understanding our customers concerns, Fiat have developed a solution to this problem that addresses both the cause and effect." :roll:
QUESTION:-Does anyone know what the Fiat "solution" is ? :idea:
and
Question:- Is there a Recall ? :idea:
very unhappy

#22 ·
1happy said:
nukeadmin said:

Hi.
Rang the customer care centre this am - -They said contact authorised agents as they have been told what to do !
Rang said Garage straight away - -They said they would check and ring me back.
Garage rang back four and a half hours later! - -They say nothing on the "bulletin boards" & its still a case of sealant--Queried "no bonding or anything other than the already much failed sealant" fix, Confirmed no nothing new! & done all he could to check for the latest news.
Rang "dedicated motorhome customer care centre" again - - and asked what are you currently advising garages as I had been lead to believe that there was news on this issue? advisor advised letter going out shortly!
.......enough phone tennis for one day........so I say this..............
Re the above statement on Friday - -"understanding our customers concerns, Fiat have developed a solution to this problem that addresses both the cause and effect." :roll:
QUESTION:-Does anyone know what the Fiat "solution" is ? :idea:
and
Question:- Is there a Recall ? :idea:
very unhappy
I have emailed Fiat and I am awaiting an answer!Peter.

#26 ·
Fiat fix...not

I have lost any confidence I had in Gainmanor Fiat Silverlink Newcastle.
The Work shop manager "didn't have time" to test his handywork (which took 4 hours) and sent it out so well sealed that you could get you finger under join see photgraph. Brownhills are going to try to get it done though another dealer.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.