Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Panel on top of dash

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Pudsey_Bear 
#1 ·
2009 fiat ducato maxi chassis. On top of the dash in the centre there is a panel that looks like it should open but it won’t budge. It’s the panel with the document clip at the windscreen end. Anybody know if it opens and how to do it
Thanks

#2 ·
It opens on ours by gently pulling it upwards, there is no magic catch simply an over-centre hinge spring loaded.

If you decide to remove that it is not easy, there are two screws at the top back that are easy to see……. The other two require the radio and the radio mounting box to be removed before they can be identified at the top at a 45 degree angle - quite a frustrating amount to do in order to just remove it……

#4 ·
You pull it up from the part nearest the screen, it needs slight effort, not force, it's not a lot of use for anything other than to hold paperwork or directions.

#7 ·
ours is a 2007 and does lift up, not sure about air bags TBH, van not here so can't check.

#10 ·
I was incorrect I assumed it would lift but it doesn't on mine, so why put the damned thing there, why not just a cubby or a panel?

Here's one up, sorry no access inside.

#12 ·
To be honest even as a courier, its target user, it was pretty much useless, the wrong angle and too far away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.