Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Radio not working after battery disconnection

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rayc 
#1 ·
I have a Vantage Neo camper van on a 2017 reg Fiat Ducato.
I recently disconnected the vehicle battery as an anti-theft measure when the van was left on the drive for a week.
Having reconnected the battery, the radio and sat nav is dead. The touchscreen does not light up and trying to switch on/off makes no difference. Additionally, the centre display on the instrument panel flashes and I'm unable to reset the time and date.
I have checked the fuse and it's fine.
Can anyone help please?

#2 ·
I would assume that the vehicle was supplied with a 'code' to activate the radio unit. I have to use a code on both my VW radios in the event of a disconnection.

Ray.

#6 ·
Having reconnected the battery, the radio and sat nav is dead. The touchscreen does not light up and trying to switch on/off makes no difference. Additionally, the centre display on the instrument panel flashes and I'm unable to reset the time and date.
I believe this reason the display flashes etc is because it is not 'seeing' the radio/sat nav. It gets its data such as date and time from the factory fitted radio/sat nav, unlike the normal operation where you can set the date etc from the MODE button and subsequent menu.
This link is to the Fiat forum topic on problems when trying to replace the radio. It may not be of much help in sorting your not coming on problem but is interesting and confirms " The reason for the flashing display is that the CanBus System knows there is something not working. In this case it cannot get a response from the radio to say it's there. In the factory when they first fire up the electronics it finds everything that's fitted." https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/440756-ducato-x290-changing-radio-sat-nav.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.