Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Stefan

553 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tugboat 
#1 ·
Hi am knew to motorhomes , previous owner not able to help . I have a 2005 DUCATO Lunar champ H621 4 berth 2.8JTD.LWB

First problem , as i fill the fresh water in when i put the pump on its pumping the water out from a tube about 3/4 of the way towards the rear almost above the spare wheel. The drainage pipe for the water tank is directly underneath the tank which is below the seating behind the drivers seat. Thats all sealed and fine . Anyone help please how to stop this as I can't fill up the water tank .

Also when the switch for the water is on the pump it stays on permanently , is that correct its not the newer pressurised system .Do i have to always turn the with off when not using the water .

The pressure is poor and almost only a small amount of water comes through the taps is that about right for this type of system . The fridge a 3 way Dometico not working of 240 0r 12 volt but is off gas , what should I look for .

Cramer oven , when the oven flames are lit when you turn the heat setting knobs the flames seem to remain the same small is that normal or should the flames change visually up and down .

Thanks anyone I am 72 first motorhome and know one to ask any help to any of these points will help thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Stefan and welcome to the forum.

Did you find the frost protector switch? It's probably just above where you see the water coming out.

Your fridge isn't working on 240v - is anything else? Do the 240v sockets work? You probably won't know if it works on 12v - they're designed to only switch to 12v when the engine is running.

I've never had an oven but heard plenty complaints about them being ineffective so that's maybe just how yours is.

Hopefully someone else will be able to add more.

#5 ·
The Frost protection valve is designed to release all the water from your gas hot water boiler and in many cases will completely empty your water tank by syphonic action. It is very expensive if your boiler is split by frost, the valve opens when the temp drops below 5-8degs above zero and remains open until it is reset. It is usually reset by pulling up a red button. It will always open in cold weather if the boiler is not switched on unless, like some, you prevent it doing so mechanically with a clothes peg or similar.

#6 ·
Hi Stefan and welcome.

If you Google 'motorhome frost valve' and look at 'images', you will see pictures of the various types.

As others have said, it will be directly above where the water is coming out under the van.

Whereabouts are you? If you are in the UK, there may be a member near you who could offer advice. Covid makes things difficult, but it is so much easier to diagnose issues hands-on rather than over the forum. However, it is all a steep learning curve at the beginning, we've all had to do it so we've plenty of knowledge and experience to help you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.