Join Date: Oct 2007
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Thanked 842 Times in 755 Posts
Welcome to MHF but....
Changing wheels to "look cool" does not seem justification for such a task.
1. Presumably your insurance company has been asked as it makes the vehicle very different from the approved specifications,
2. Have you checked with that company on eBay as they suggest in red at the bottom,
3. Will such changes alter the actual v indicated speed ? Changing the wheel diameter will mean the vehicle is going faster than the speedo indicates, the Police and the vehicle approval authorities might cancel approval, hence no insurance,
4. Presumably you are in Australia, judging from your comments and the eBay.link, are vehicle Construction and Use Regulations more flexible there than in the U.K. ? I somehow doubt that.
5. I would be very surprised if ANYONE on here would approve such an adaptation to "look cool" due to potential liability claims.
Sorry that is not what you want to read, but I doubt the safety and wisdom of your suggested actions.
Any typo that I make means the errorists win.
Any comments above are only MY OPINION
and should be read as that.