Front seat base cover flap needed Any ideas - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 13-09-2020, 23:57 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Front seat base cover flap needed Any ideas

I have the 2007-2012 ducato cab ( mine 2010 ) and have damaged the under seat forward opening grill effect cover flap. The one that you open to access the jack,passenger side or the tray area under the driver's seat as they both the same item.

Has anybody had to get e replacement and know where I can get one I suppose i could just go to a Fiat dealer but it might be an eye watering cost.

LT man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-09-2020, 09:22

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Try a breakers yard as Ducato are very common and most breakers are now linked so they can get one from somewhere else.

If that does not work, and I doubt the design has changed much, you may have to bite the bullet, but by asking a Fiat dealer they will be able to tell you if there are differences from other years. Even if you then find out the cost, initially decline "While I think about it" and then take that info to the breakers.....

Good luck

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-09-2020, 12:30 Thread Starter

Will call in at Fiat dealers today and take part with all the numbers on it just to see what cost is.

Then will decide as have emailed a few breakers last night late on but no response this morn.
From past experience if not a quick reply from a breaker then you just dont get one.

LT Man

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-09-2020, 12:54

Personal Aire
I am not sure, but suspect, that the flap will not be found on Ducati vans but is an extra for MH, the Fiat dealer should be able to advise on that, otherwise a MH breaker is the only answer.....

Hope it helps, I have tried looking at an internet based breakers but the seat part is not listed, so dealer would be a good first step.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-09-2020, 21:52 Thread Starter

Yep no breaker got back so a dealer it is £45 for a quids worth of injection moulded plastic .
Bargain think i will get a spare while I am on. NOT

At least I can get one not like the window that fell out my hab door . 6 years old at the time.
Chussion just said not available Throw your van and buy a new one. Not really but might as well of said that for the help I got none.

We all have to be inventive owning a motorhome when it comes to sorting problems .

L:T Man
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-09-2020, 10:12

Personal Aire
We had a similar problem when we had a damp issue after the awning was lifted during a storm, the mounting box twisted and punched a hole through the skin which we were unaware of.

Insurance issue since final cost was near £5k but getting the same pattern inner lining was via Swift.....

Not available......

Much gnashing of teeth.

They eventually admitted that they order in batches and what we wanted was not the current batch. Therefore we had to wait..... and wait..... and wait....

Six MONTHS later they dispatched TWO SHEETS to a totally wrong address, not just a courier issue as Barry has, but wrong town more than 50 miles away.

They denied having them, because they had not ordered them, so sent them back.....

Eventually Swift admitted their errors and sent two new sheets to the correct address for the work to be completed, it only took 9 1/2 months....... Each sheet of lining (effectively a sheet of thin Formica) was £500...., ouch....

Did the dealer say whether there are different examples and whether they are fitted to all Ducato vans ? If so, I would go to the nearest breaker and ask for a Ducato seat, entire, that may well be cheaper, or actually SHOW them what you want....

Last edited by Penquin; 15-09-2020 at 10:26.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-09-2020, 10:52 Thread Starter

Yep owning a motorhome is FUN What a laugh.

LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page