Headlamp Protector - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 09:19 Thread Starter
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Update

I bought a pair of these from Motorhome Essentials for £45 plus postage (at £7.50 IIRC)...

https://www.motorhomeessentials.com/...rotectors.html

These are far superior to the ones I have previously bought in terms of their fixings. Previously the ones I had fixed to each headlamp via 4 small black plastic pads which were stuck to the headlamp. These in turn clipped into the protector. On several occasions I had to take these pads off and clean them up then actually glue them onto the headlamp, as they had come loose. It wasn't surprising that I lost protectors. In fact my offside one came off in front of my eyes whilst in Charmouth the other week when we had some remnants of Hurricane Englebert...or whatever is was called...

Anyhow, the new ones have much more sturdy fixings.

The top is fixed with a metal clip which, in order to fix it you have to take off the small triangular panel of your MH (mine is a 2012 Ducato) to position. With the small panel back on this is now a sturdy fixing. It's an easy thing to take off: 2 screws and 2 poppers.

The other 2 fixings are pushed into the rubber sealing of the headlamp. They are rigid pvc and push in with a bit of heft. These then clip to the pvc protector. I found it easier to fix them to the protector first and then push them into the headlamps surround.

Personally I don't think these new ones will be going anywhere as they are really firmly fixed.

As a footnote I couldn't find the original supplier of the original protectors - EVL Mouldings I think they were called - so they may have gone bump. Also Van Comfort didn't bother to respond to my email asking for information so they lost a sale...and also a potential sale for new thermal covers for my windscreen! Strange way to run a business....

Graham

Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 09:35

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJ View Post
Update

I bought a pair of these from Motorhome Essentials for £45 plus postage (at £7.50 IIRC)...

https://www.motorhomeessentials.com/...rotectors.html

Graham

Thanks for the link, just ordered a pair for my 2016 Ducato, will report on how well they went on!
jo662 and jo662 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page