Rain gutter for the side sliding door of a Fiat Ducato - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 29-12-2012, 14:17 Thread Starter

Rain gutter for the side sliding door of a Fiat Ducato

Just Made up a rain gutter to fit on top of the side sliding door on my Fiat Ducato but could be used on all the other variations without a roof rain gutter
Due to the recent inclement weather we have been having the rain keeps dripping down under the bodywork onto the rubber door seal ,no rain comes in from this seal but as soon as you open the door it drips on the inside of the door plastic trim and the metal door frame all the way down to the inside door pull and on the the wooden inside door trim.

As my Globescout is a silver colour I did not want to use the Fammia weather trim as they only come in White and look too big and heavy when fitted.
I made mine up from 8m/m Grey half-round quadrant Tile trim, by cut off part of plastic down to 10m/m and fixing with double sided trim tape and costs about £ 6 to make as it's plastic you can warm it up and it bends easily also you can get various colours in these trims so will not stand out when fitted . Its solved my problem with drips Just got to work on under the bonnet ones !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 29-12-2012, 14:32

My Motorhome: Mercedes 614D
Personal Aire
Aluminium gutter section extrusion is also available, we used it on the trailer above the side door and rear ramp.

This is the Aalco one:

Peter
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 29-12-2012, 15:25 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Peter
I was of going to use Aluminium gutter section but on our van the Grey blends in better I think.
Mike

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 29-12-2012, 16:20

I did a similar thing above the sliding kitchen window on our previous Hymer Tramp. Worked a treat
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 29-12-2012, 16:26

My Motorhome: Swift Rio 320
Both are good ideas and a different approach to my method. I used plastic L shaped extrusion, painted to match and glued to the underside of the door frame.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 15-06-2019, 21:20

My Motorhome: I drive...
MikeT's original post is quite a long time ago, but I have the same problem with my 2018 Fiat Ducato. See my post in another thread on this forum https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/14...nel-van-3.html

I've bought the Fiamma guttering, but as mentioned above, it is quite heavy (I'm waiting for better weather to try to attach it!) - MikeT's solution seems much better. I've done a search for "Grey half-round quadrant Tile trim", and the only place I could find adds £10 + VAT for postage, and the colour of the trim seems to be a very light grey. There is also an inner plastic part which reinforces the quadrant - I take it that MikeT cut that away? Failing anything better, I'll probably buy from that site (https://www.premiumtiletrim.co.uk/pr...etr-by-genesis) The same company sells on ebay too, but the postage is the same.

Can MikeT (or anyone else) suggest where else I could get the Grey half-round quadrant Tile trim?

Thanks to MikeT for his original posting.

Rob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page