Autocruise Peugeot Boxer 2.2 - Timing Belt Change - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-06-2012, 21:21 Thread Starter

Autocruise Peugeot Boxer 2.2 - Timing Belt Change

Good Evening All

Can someone tell me the **Peugeot Criteria** for changing the 2006 Peugeot Boxer 2.2 Engine Timing Belt.

Is it 'X' Years as it is with VW on the basis it deteriorates with time:

or is it 'Y' mileage on the premise it deteriorates with use:

Or is there a set either or limit for both Time & Mileage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-06-2012, 01:37

As I understand it all manufacturers give a mileage and time which ever comes first, 100.000 km or 5 years

Loddy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-06-2012, 09:03

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Personal Aire
Re: Autocruise Peugeot Boxer 2.2 - Timing Belt Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalas
Good Evening All

Can someone tell me the **Peugeot Criteria** for changing the 2006 Peugeot Boxer 2.2 Engine Timing Belt.

Is it 'X' Years as it is with VW on the basis it deteriorates with time:

or is it 'Y' mileage on the premise it deteriorates with use:

Or is there a set either or limit for both Time & Mileage?

I've got the 2006 Peugeot 2.2. The guy who does all my mechanical work and who I have used for over twenty years did mine at five years. He said that if you haven't done the mileage it should still be changed. He would not risk leaving it and suffering a failure shortly afterwards. Not worth the hassle and expense.

Terry

P.S. I also rang Peugeot and I believe they said 100,000 kilometres or 5 years whichever is the earliest.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-06-2012, 14:42 Thread Starter

Autocruise Start Spirit - 2.2 Diesel - Timing Belt Change

Good Afternoon All

Following TelJoy and Loddy's helpful replies today I had very different advice from another source who suggested I could go to the horses mouth - Peugeot Contact Centre [0845 200 1234]. I did this afternoon and spoke to Darren.

I explained i was buying a 2006 Autocruise Start Spirit on a Boxer with 2.2 Diesel engine and needed to know the Peugeot recommended criteria for changing the Timing Belt. He said he would look it up.

After a couple of minutes he came back very positively: 140,000 miles or 10 years!

I queried that saying I had understood belts deteriorate over time and for example VW were adamant its 60k or 5 years. He was very robust in his comment that he had checked and for the the 2.2 DIESEL it was 140k MILES or 10 years!

Seems an awful long time for a timing belt!

Has anyone one any views?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-06-2012, 15:13

I had the timing belt on our 2006 Boxer 2.2 changed at 14500 miles and 5 1/2 years. End result peace of mind.

If Peugeot recommend 10 years and it breaks after 8 years are they going to pick up the tab. I think not.

I will look at having it changed again, if we still have the same vehicle, in 5 years time.

You pays your money and takes your pick. Peace of mind or uncertainty.

Chris
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-06-2012, 15:32

I have the same engine and my service station told me 10 years as well, in fact he stated that he has lots of Puegeot boxers on his books and they reguarly work on the 140.000 mile or ten year rule, said that I would be wasting my money to have it done before that time or milage.
He regularly services our van and is certainly a knowledgable chap.
Clive
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-06-2012, 15:53

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Personal Aire
Re: Autocruise Start Spirit - 2.2 Diesel - Timing Belt Chang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalas
Good Afternoon All

Following TelJoy and Loddy's helpful replies today I had very different advice from another source who suggested I could go to the horses mouth - Peugeot Contact Centre [0845 200 1234]. I did this afternoon and spoke to Darren.

I explained i was buying a 2006 Autocruise Start Spirit on a Boxer with 2.2 Diesel engine and needed to know the Peugeot recommended criteria for changing the Timing Belt. He said he would look it up.

After a couple of minutes he came back very positively: 140,000 miles or 10 years!

I queried that saying I had understood belts deteriorate over time and for example VW were adamant its 60k or 5 years. He was very robust in his comment that he had checked and for the the 2.2 DIESEL it was 140k MILES or 10 years!

Seems an awful long time for a timing belt!

Has anyone one any views?

Surprises me! I'm sure when I spoke to Peugeot they said five years. Anyway I have always relied on my local guy who is very experienced and I have know him for many years.

Terry
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-06-2012, 16:19

Autocruise Peugeot 2.2 Timing belt change.

Hello I am with the 5year boys. Also idler gears and waterpump change, if any of these packup they are all driven by the belt and complete the timing.So full change. Result peace of mind. On another note, we have just changed our M/H a Pilote Pugeot 2.2 that has had all this done at 5yrs plus a remap 4000 ml's ago, at Highbridge. We have brought a Chausson, but only for the layout. They have it up for sale, its a wonderfull M/H and they have it priced abit high. If it suits you buy with confidence. You can P/M us and Chris or myself will give you the full info. John.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-06-2012, 14:14

Peugeot told me 5 years if "arduous driving conditions", 10 years if not! I did mine at 7 years.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-06-2012, 17:09

Interesting thread. What's the approximate cost of replacing belt?

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page