Russian visa - anyone done it? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 19:12 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Russian visa - anyone done it?

I'm losing the will to live here.

One question asks Have you visited other countries in the last 10yrs? I said Yes then find I've to fill in, for each visit, the country, the dates (from and to) and the purpose.

There's no way I could remember even rough dates.

Has anyone else on here gone through the process? I suspect it's particularly difficult for the likes of motorhomers who can drift between countries with no real notion of the diary.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 09:30
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
I'm sure a few good guesses are sufficient.....However I generally check all the images on my PC for locations and dates....certainly for the last 20 years.
I doubt that they will check the ANPR cameras to see if you are telling the truth.....hopefully

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 11:53

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
If they want square pegs in round holes give em square pegs. Just give em what you assume they want without too much detail Jean.

Ray.
HurricaneSmith likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 12:23

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Jean

There is a similar question, but for 5 years, when applying for Residency in Poland.

I would have the same difficulty as you.

And even if I had the information the list would be long. For example, I know we slipped into Luxembourg for diesel one year for about 20 minutes, but cannot remember year, date nor time. Because Poland is EU and I have only visited EU countries in the 5 years, I am hoping that a general answer to that effect will be accepted.

I have friends who live not far from Basel and the road from their house to the city criss-crosses the Swiss-French border no less than 7 times - imagine trying to record those visits, on multiple days, which I have done. Also i went running from their house down lanes which I am sure took me into France but I do not know where.

Geoff
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 12:33

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
I'd consider phoning the Russian embassy and asking for advice. Given that it's the Russians they may be sticklers for detail. I wouldn't assume that they aren't I don't think. I and three others were detained for a while by Mossad at the Taba crossing some years ago. They were very serious people. I think the Russians would be similar. I wouldn't take any risks without considering it very carefully. I'd make a phone call asking for guidance.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 16:55 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Given that it's the Russians they may be sticklers for detail. I wouldn't assume that they aren't I don't think.
That was my thinking too Alan.

I managed to find the beginning/end dates for EU trips from the booking emails. I've put them in as destination France since passports were never checked at any other border and there's no way I'd be able to give them dates for crossing to Spain/Portugal/Germany..... even if that's what they want; away back then I didn't have location turned on on my photos.

Discovered they only have space for 10 entries so I had to drop them off the beginning to put the later ones on - I'm guessing they're likely to be more aware of my recent USA trip than my 2011 EU one.

Have you children? What passport do they have? Where do they live? IS IT WORTH IT??!?

I started this morning (having done most, as I thought, at home) and I'm still in my jammies!!

Just waiting for the kids to come back with passport info n I'll be done. Maybe.
erneboy and patp like this.

Jean
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 17:46

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Are you doing this trip alone Jean? I´m sure I would never be brave enough for that.
patp likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 19:23 Thread Starter

No, Jan, I start alone but meet up with a CnCC group in Ruska Wieś, Eastern Poland, before heading in to Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. I'll leave my MH in Estonia and spend 5 nights in a hotel in St Petersburg. Then return to the MH, another 10 days or so in Estonia, Latvia then the tour ends and I find my way home.

Maybe you should join us! (Tho I don't recommend the visa application!!)
patp and JanHank like this.

Jean
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 19:30

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Never had the urge to go that way, then there is Motley of course, would never risk taking him outside the EU.
erneboy likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 19:32 Thread Starter

Ah yes, no dogs allowed on this trip.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page