LPG Filling Stations in Europe - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 24-04-2006, 23:21

Thanks for the Slovenia link
not many there !
we are going to have fun with the language

Steve

Steve and Sheila
Read about our latest travels in Europe on our website
http://www.motorhomeandaway.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 15:17

Hi

V useful site: made me subscribe!

Small change to make: Italian LPG stations show as forum-de rather than -it.

How can I easily find out whether it's possible to take an LPG-powered RV through Alpine passes (particularly Frejus)?

Sherrie
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 13-07-2006, 23:25

LPG in Slovenia

Back from our Europe trip including Slovenia and managed to find the LPG filling station in Celje tucked away on a trading estate east of a large modern shopping centre between the motorway and the town centre. Its an LPG gas depot rather than a petrol filling station. Can't give co-ordinates as our satnav doesn't have Slovenia and it took a bit of finding!

Being cautious and knowing how few places there were in the country we topped up our Gaslow bottle and only needed 7 litres to fill it at a low price of 3.99 EUR (=0.563/litre)

We later spotted a petrol station selling LPG at the services on the motorway ring road to the west of Ljubjiana so maybe there will be more in the future.

BTW diesel was .975EUR/litre (fixed price)

Steve

Steve and Sheila
Read about our latest travels in Europe on our website
http://www.motorhomeandaway.com

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 24-08-2006, 18:44

LPG Toatalgaz

I was looking at the French web site and asked for one of their maps. It came yesterday free although a 2004 edition but handy nonetheless.

Guide des STATIONS GPL en France.

www.totalgaz.fr
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 00:03

lpg in France

Thanks Don
very usefull, France here we come !
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 30-10-2007, 18:48

Can anyone tell me which adaptor i will need to fill up my gaslow system in Spain. Just had it fitted, i have the standard gaslow filler and i have bought the adaptopr for France. Are they the same ?
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 30-10-2007, 21:45 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarYen
Can anyone tell me which adaptor i will need to fill up my gaslow system in Spain. Just had it fitted, i have the standard gaslow filler and i have bought the adaptopr for France. Are they the same ?
Hi,

Have a look at https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic...rderasc-0.html

The clawgun should be the one you need but get the Acme one as well then you refill anywhere in Europe.

Don
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 21-01-2008, 23:21

Hi all, this is my first posting since joining, i find the forum very interesting and most of all informative. Now a note of warning, in Italy you will not be able to refill any type of refillable gas cylinder, you will find that the gas regulatory (busy) body have passed and approved many negative rules re. the above. I certainly tried at various garages(by the way i'm italian) and even speaking the language and showing a certificate of EU. conformity for the cylinder the answer was still NO. My nephew in Milan explained that due to too many gas (petrol) stations selling black market gas, accidents where people have actually been killed by re. refilling gas bottles, the government had to intervene, hence you can only refill tanks as fitted to approved vehicles! I have also noticed this in France, the gas pumps now have a sticker showing a gas cylinder with a cross on it. I was actually asked by the cashier before she operated the button for the pump wether my camper was petrol or diesel? and i had to say that it was the latter, at which point she refused to operate the pump, now some of you may have been lucky refilling with gas so just be aware of the coming rules accross Europe. Regards
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 22-01-2008, 01:11

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
This restriction is worrying as it will make our newly-fitted Gaslow system unrefillable.
Oh heck!
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 22-01-2008, 09:52 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin
This restriction is worrying as it will make our newly-fitted Gaslow system unrefillable.
Oh heck!
Hi Pippin,

Don't worry about it too much as that or something like it has been around for some time. I know many people who have refilled their bottles with no problems at all. It's a lot easier if you have an external filling point. I've refilled in Sardinia with no problems at all.

There's also an ongoing"Thing" in Germany about refilling bottles see HERE

Enjoy your travels.

Don

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page