Under floor gas tank in vw t4 lwb - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 18:19 Thread Starter

Under floor gas tank in vw t4 lwb

I have a 1998 Bilbo camper built on a lwb 2.5 t4.The cost of the 907 gas cylinders that it uses has got to over 30 so I an looking at fitting an under floor gas tank like the one in my Mervi Morrello . Has anyone fitted one or had one fitted? A quick look underneath seems it may be a bit crowded as there is already water tank waste water tank and the spare wheel under there. I have approached propex leisure and autogas but no one is getting back to me. I dont want to have to reinvent the wheel is there anyone that has this fitted.? Who did you use ?I am expecting the conversion to cost about 600 fitted.
I hope someone can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 23:57

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Wow, that IS expensive gas - no wonder you're looking at a fixed tank.

Sorry I can't help with your query but I'll push you to the top of the pile!

Jean
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 15:59 Thread Starter

under floor gas tank

I have just spoken to Bilbo who remember a customer replacing the 907 bottles with a gas flow system .I had not followed this idea as I did not think that they would do a gas bottle of about 1 to 2 kg in size.

How do I get this question on to the main forum?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 17:37

I think you're in the right place, it's just that no-one had noticed your query, or has nothing to contribute. Hopefully someone will, soon.

I don't think they do anything smaller than 6kg bottles but you should get that info on their websites - autogas or gas-it.

There might be a smaller under-floor tank - phone and ask.

Jean
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-12-2020, 18:35 Thread Starter

under floor gas tank

I have received photos from autogas in Thirsk and it appears that the exhaust on the T4 runs just were I would want to fit a tank ie between the rear swinging arms. The next idea is to replace the 907 bottle with a R67 2.7 gas flow refillable cylinder. At 320mm tall it is going to be a tight fit. A trip to Magnum motorhomes was useful they let me try a cylinder in the gas locker it is close but it fits.
The price for a cylinder and fitting kit is 284.95. I am reluctant to put a hole in the bodywork so may fit the filler in the rear plastic bumper.
Can you just open the rear tailgate pull out the flexible pipe and fill it that way ? how do caravans fill up?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-12-2020, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybilbo View Post
I am reluctant to put a hole in the bodywork so may fit the filler in the rear plastic bumper.
Can you just open the rear tailgate pull out the flexible pipe and fill it that way ? how do caravans fill up?[IMG class=inlineimg]/images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Some people have reported a problem with garages not being happy if they go inside the van to fill up, whether that be in a locker, or MH garage. I think they suspect the person is going to fill up 'normal' bottles.

From that point of view it's better to have a filler point on the outside of the vehicle.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page