The perennial issue. 3 way fridge not working on gas! - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-11-2019, 14:33

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
We fired up the fridge yesterday for the first time in 5 months and it would not light on gas, despite an hour to flow through and the cooker working.

Just sparking and sparking until a sharp rap on the solenoid/valve and it fired up.

A rap is somewhere between a tap and a slap.I think a clout might have been too much............two raps rather than just one clout.

Hope you get it working
raynipper likes this.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 28-11-2019, 18:19 Thread Starter

Hallelujah.
Its working. I pushed the fridge back, connected the gas and it works. It lights, the ignition ceases and it stays alight.
I'd love to tell you the remedy but I can't, I don't why it works now.
I have hit the valve with a heavy spanner (thanks to Webby) and remade virtually all the electrical spade connections on the top of the fridge.

It may have been the spanner trick but the way I understand it, the the push button opens the valve and the thermocouple solenoid then holds it opens and does not have to physically move the valve. I guess when the current falls the valve closes under spring action.
Sorry folks still somewhat in the dark,- until next time!
raynipper and Pudsey_Bear like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page