Truma crash sensor regulator - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 20-08-2018, 00:05 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Truma crash sensor regulator

Is that the same as secumotion?

I'm considering fitting such a regulator - not specifically to have the heating when I'm driving but so's I don't have to get out in the tipping rain whenever I park up.

I remember there used to be a problem with secumotion regulators gumming up - is that still the case?

I see the crash sensor one advises using a filter (one for each bottle) but I doubt I'd have room for those.

Any thoughts?

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 20-08-2018, 00:31

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Is that the same as secumotion?

I'm considering fitting such a regulator - not specifically to have the heating when I'm driving but so's I don't have to get out in the tipping rain whenever I park up.

I remember there used to be a problem with secumotion regulators gumming up - is that still the case?

I see the crash sensor one advises using a filter (one for each bottle) but I doubt I'd have room for those.

Any thoughts?
It is similar but not exactly the same. With the secumotion as you know you have to press the green button in every time you turn the gas bottle ON. If there is a drop in pressure the gas trips out. The crash sensor type have a built in impact sensor set to around 3.5g which shuts off the gas in an accident and a restricter valve if the gas hose or regulator is ruptured/sheared to stop a sudden outrush of gas if the impact sensor isnt triggered. You only need to press the reset button if it has tripped for some reason. Mine is 15 months old and has not been problematic or have filters fitted.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 20-08-2018, 12:59 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
It is similar but not exactly the same. With the secumotion as you know you have to press the green button in every time you turn the gas bottle ON.If there is a drop in pressure the gas trips out. The crash sensor type have a built in impact sensor set to around 3.5g which shuts off the gas in an accident and a restricter valve if the gas hose or regulator is ruptured/sheared to stop a sudden outrush of gas if the impact sensor isnt triggered. You only need to press the reset button if it has tripped for some reason. Mine is 15 months old and has not been problematic or have filters fitted.
That's good to know you find it dependable Ray. Do you have autogas?

I presume you'd only be turning the bottle off and on again at refill?

Jean

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 20-08-2018, 13:50

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
That's good to know you find it dependable Ray. Do you have autogas?

I presume you'd only be turning the bottle off and on again at refill?
I have autogas with the Crash Sensor [ not the Secumotion which you have put in bold] . I normally switch the gas off when running but not always. The crash sensor has never tripped thus requiring a green button reset.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 20-08-2018, 14:14 Thread Starter

Excellent!

I must be getting old, looking for ways to cut down effort. You may see in another post I was investigating if I could leave the hab windows on the sneck while driving instead of closing for driving then opening all for parking - but it seems that might involve extra housework which is definitely not on my agenda!!

Jean
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 20-08-2018, 16:14

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048DF
I have just had a Secumotion regulator fail but as it is 10 years old that is not surprising, it was due for change anyway. The van was also fitted with a DualControl changeover valve. The original Secumotion regulator design was superseded by the new Mono Control CS. Due to the newer fitting being considerably larger than the old version I decided to upgrade to the combined DuoControl CS which incorporates both parts. This single fitting is much nearer the size of the original 2 fittings: https://www.truma.com/uk/en/products...ontrol-cs.html

I like the fact that the only time I turn off the gas is when using Eurotunnel.

Dave.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-08-2018, 14:03 Thread Starter

And hopefully when you're refilling devonboy - or is that not necessary?

Jean
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-08-2018, 18:06

Quote:
And hopefully when you're refilling devonboy - or is that not necessary?
Not necessary I am told.

Dave.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-08-2018, 19:18

My Motorhome: Hymer B644GL
If the system is Gaslow i would definitely still turn the gas bottles off when filling, Gaslow very clearly state that you must do this each time you fill. The regulator you use is irrelevant and isn't part of the filling circuit.

Lee
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-08-2018, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbzone View Post
If the system is Gaslow i would definitely still turn the gas bottles off when filling, Gaslow very clearly state that you must do this each time you fill. The regulator you use is irrelevant and isn't part of the filling circuit.

Lee

I have checked with the Gas-It dealer who supplied the bottle & he stated that there is no requirement to turn off the gas to fill the bottle.

Correct the regulator is not part of the filling circuit, it was only mentioned in relation to never turning off the gas except for Eurotunnel.

Dave.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page