Calor Lite 6kg bottles - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 2 Post By LadyJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-05-2017, 14:42 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
Calor Lite 6kg bottles

Calor Gas has announced that it is to phase out its 6kg Calor Lite cylinder, and is planning to launch a new model for the caravanning market.

The company's announcement stated that it will continue to invest in its standard 6kg cylinder, for which demand continues to grow, and that it will increase investment in the cylinder to £1 million this year. Calor Gas's has research underway into a new, improved 'leisure/caravan cylinder', one factor of which will be its weight.

As for the 6kg Calor Lite cylinder, it will be harder to get hold of replacement stock as the firm runs down the discontinued model. Customers will be able to get a standard 6kg cylinder as a free replacement where suppliers no longer have the Lite version available.
The recall of 6kg Calor Lite cylinders made between 2008 and 2011 is to be closed from 1st July 2017. Customers with recall vouchers who present them to suppliers after this date will still be able to use them. They will be given either a direct replacement, or the standard 6kg cylinder, depending upon availability.
Devonboy and Devonboy like this.

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyJ For This Useful Post:
HermanHymer (17-05-2017), listerdiesel (17-05-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-05-2017, 17:39

My Motorhome: Rapido 640F
I was also told that yesterday when I went to my local Calor store. I was told that Calor was discontinuing as they were fed up with all the problems with the Lite bottles. Seems a little strange that they would stop the supply of Lite bottles before the new improved version is available.

Dave.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-05-2017, 17:40
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
A couple of days ago I was told by a Calor manager....'Rumours again'???
Perhaps he is wrong?

PS found this on the Calor site:-

6kg CalorLite® Propane gas bottle

The 6kg CalorLite® gas bottle is no longer available to purchase online with limited stock available through our network of stockists. Use our online stockist finder, or call Calor Gas direct 0800 662 663 to find your local stockist. Alternatively the 6kg CalorLite can be freely exchanged for the standard 6kg cylinder which is widely available and may be purchased online.

For information on the 2014 6kg CalorLite® recall, please see the 6kg CalorLite® recall page.
*Product image for illustration purposes only, actual product may vary slightly due to new Calor branding.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.

Last edited by EJB; 17-05-2017 at 17:44.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-05-2017, 18:46

My Motorhome: I drive...Elddis Autoqueat 185
Currently running on Calor lite but previous van had 11kg Alugas 2000 fitted and had to go back to Calor as they will not fit in locker of our current van. Am prepared to sell them or part ex them for the Alugas 6 kg bottles. They cost £650 18 months ago and just need the filler part as we had external filler and left it on old van to save messing. Its about 100 fitted for new Ext. filler from Alugas, excellent company and product ,based near Thisk N. Yorks..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-05-2017, 20:05

Right. That's it - bollox to 'em. Time to invest in re-fillables.

There are only 10 different types of people: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page