LPG at Morrisons supermarket petrol stations - Page 7 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 23:12 Thread Starter

I would like to point out that this wasn't a rumour but fact . Though i am pleased to hear as a gaslow user that other morrisons petrol stations will permit their filling lets hope this continues

Its a pity we haven't found the actual cause of the gas leak reported earlier in this thread and why the gas ignited .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 08:53

Location: Silly Suffolk or on an airfield somewhere in the UK.
My Motorhome: Carthago Chic C-Line I 5.0
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
my mate who went to fill his Gaslow up has just experienced the following at our local Morrisons petrol station

Went to Morrisons for LPG today,connected up just about to press go,man comes out holding paperwork saying Morrisons as a company no longer allow filling LPG on anything except properly converted vehicles .

so he went to Asda instead
@trek
May not have been a rumour as far as your mate was concerned but it was obviously incorrect information.
I guess the local manager made a decision based on one incident and the staff got the wrong end of the stick.
It's always easier to blame Head Office or some other form of officialdom rather than have to explain an awkward decision to a customer who might get stroppy. (Said after half a lifetime in retail )

Richard.
post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 20:50

My Motorhome: Knaus Ski Ti 700meb
Personal Aire
I popped into a Local store today and bought a bag of sweets to give me a chance to talk to the attendant. I asked about the new policy and was met with a blank look.

She said there were no 'new rules' regarding motor homes but did say they did not allow refilling of 'bottles'.... Properly installed re fillable cyls should be ok then.

By chance a Moho owner was busy filling his refillable s via a body mounted fill point. No issues he said never any problems anywhere.

I told him about the companies new policy and got another blank look. He was totally unconcerned Went in , paid and drove off

Storm in a tea cup?

Alex B ....

post #64 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 21:11

I filled up recently in Luxembourg, 32p a litre at Shell. However, it did state on the pump that it was not for filling bottles. I have since noticed on all of the stations I have visited since in Luxembourg, it states the same.
post #65 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 21:37

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Most of the GPL signs in France have the same label about nt filling cylinders, BUT that is primarily due to the fact that MANY people try to fill normal gas cylinders, not those fitted with the 80% cut-off valve.

We have an external filling point, have the European Certificate of Conformity for the system (which we have ever been asked to produce) and no external signs as to whether we are filling a large tank or a cylinder or two inside the locker, the only sign is an LPG sticker on the filler point.

The French law apparently states that GPL as sold on filling stations os fr propulsive uses ONLY, not for heating or cooking services, but I have not yet come across a MH that can use GPL as a fuel source along with gasoil (diesel), but maybe my horizons are too limited.....

Fortunately, there are very many GPL stations available and if one ever said "NON" another nearby would not bat a eyelid.....

I suspect the same will happen in the UK, some will ban for whatever reason or none, others will simply allow things to take place as they cannot be bothered to find out since that would mean moving away from their comfortable seat.......

Dave

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #66 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
Most of the GPL signs in France have the same label about nt filling cylinders, BUT that is primarily due to the fact that MANY people try to fill normal gas cylinders, not those fitted with the 80% cut-off valve.

We have an external filling point, have the European Certificate of Conformity for the system (which we have ever been asked to produce) and no external signs as to whether we are filling a large tank or a cylinder or two inside the locker, the only sign is an LPG sticker on the filler point.

The French law apparently states that GPL as sold on filling stations os fr propulsive uses ONLY, not for heating or cooking services, but I have not yet come across a MH that can use GPL as a fuel source along with gasoil (diesel), but maybe my horizons are too limited.....

Fortunately, there are very many GPL stations available and if one ever said "NON" another nearby would not bat a eyelid.....

I suspect the same will happen in the UK, some will ban for whatever reason or none, others will simply allow things to take place as they cannot be bothered to find out since that would mean moving away from their comfortable seat.......

Dave
Many US RV'S are converted to run on LPG
post #67 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 10:35

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
but I have not yet come across a MH that can use GPL as a fuel source along with gasoil (diesel), but maybe my horizons are too limited.....

missed the end teenyob mate,

those Rv,s are petrol engined ones.

cabby

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
post #68 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 13:42

maybe someone has one!

http://www.ozonlpg.com/diesellpg.html
post #69 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 15:14

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemyob View Post
That system does use LPG for propulsion, but as I understand it only in conjunction with diesel.

Even if you were filling the LPG for propulsion, but wanted LPG for cooker/fridge you would need two LPG tanks - one delivering liquid LPG to the engine and one delivering LPG converted to a gas to the domestic appliances. Unless there is an ingenious system for tapping off gas from a liquid LPG tank.

Geoff
post #70 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 15:24

Personal Aire
Two off takes in the cylinder/storage tank, one at the bottom for liquid, one at the top in the gas space for gas. Common on industrial gases eg chlorine drums

alan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page