Special plug adaptors required for Swiss sites - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 2 Post By klyne

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-08-2015, 12:58 Thread Starter
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Special plug adaptors required for Swiss sites

I'm just positing this in case anyone new to staying in Switzerland doesn't realise (as we didn't) that they can use a unique 3 pin plug for their EHU. The pattern is included in this link....

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/communi...n-switzerland/

We stayed at 3 sites in Switzerland/Lichtenstein and all 3 used the 'lozenge' shaped plug. All 3 sites however would have gladly lent us an adaptor if required. We did borrow one at the first site and then bought one just in case we got caught at the next 2 sites.

Interestingly enough every other site across 6 countries used the standard blue one that we used. Last year when we went to Belgium/France I can distinctly remember having to use my blue/2 pin adaptor several times. I didnt need it once this year

Graham

I like to use big words which I don't really understand so it makes me look more photosynthesis!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-08-2015, 15:49

My Motorhome: Adria Twin 640slx
Personal Aire
The Aire de Camping car at Palavos le Flot near Monpellier is the same, it's on the marina, very nice well organised aire and a stunning town
curlyboy
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-08-2015, 19:38

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyBoy View Post
The Aire de Camping car at Palavos le Flot near Monpellier is the same, it's on the marina, very nice well organised aire and a stunning town
curlyboy
Not the same type of plug though.

Also they insist you leave your passport or driving licence at the office before they'll loan you an adapter, which some folk don't like as the office isn't that secure.

Not sure I'd describe the town as "stunning" either, but certainly worth a visit if you're down that way, even if it's just to admire the view from the top of the tower at the tourist information office.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-08-2015, 00:22

I shall repost my picture here that appeared in the quoted article. Sites usually have them for hire.

David

GMJ and GMJ like this.

Bailey Approach SE 740

www.davidklyne.co.uk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-08-2015, 09:21

My Motorhome: Adria Twin 640slx
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspode View Post
Not the same type of plug though.

Also they insist you leave your passport or driving licence at the office before they'll loan you an adapter, which some folk don't like as the office isn't that secure.

Not sure I'd describe the town as "stunning" either, but certainly worth a visit if you're down that way, even if it's just to admire the view from the top of the tower at the tourist information office.
Well I guess we all have our own definition of "stunning" we enjoyed the market,bars,restaurants,marina with fresh fish bought from the boats,canals in the town with small boats moored along the streets,the beach,gongoozling the barges on the Rhone and cycling 'cos it's all flat
curlyboy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page