Planning next trip, and thinking of covering 3 countries we know NOTHING about. And I mean NOTHING. So checking if the collective on MHF have quick n easy access to the information and any other tips! Hungary; Slovakia; and Czech Republic. (Going via Germany which we "know", so maybe 3-4-5 weeks total in the 3 newbies!)
- Is Hungary in the EU? And does it have Euro? (yeah yeah
- Are there many Aires?
- Is wild camping permitted?
- Any non-standard driving requirements such as motorway taxes; stickers; etc (transit conversion 2.8t)
- Top things to see / do
- Top places to go
- Any recommended guide books?
- Any recommended websites with further information?
We love the outdoors; parties and activities and hate churches and too much tourist tat.
We will have ACSI2009; ACSI2009 DVD; Camping Cheques; 2009 BoardAtlas; and 2008 Camperstop.
Any other must-have books/databases of camping stops?
(We have used and are pretty much googled out :'( ; and we've seached the archives, but were hoping for any other first hand tips!)
(PS - sorry for multiple post - thought it'd be easier to post in each country for others.)
(PPS - Blogs of Motorhomer http://www.motorhomeandaway.co.uk/
and Erik http://eric-on-tour.blogspot.com/200...-republic.html
are superb and guiding us that way!)